Anyone order from Hi Fi Heaven?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Vibrolux_Reverb, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vibrolux_Reverb

Vibrolux_Reverb Forum Resident Thread Starter

Got the A-S1100. Open box like new for $1599. Hard to beat that

JohnCarter17 and CraigC like this.
  2. intensemojo

intensemojo Forum Resident

My 1200G arrives tomorrow from HFH

3. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I've had two similar experiences. Both times they had a used/demo item that when I tried to purchase it had magically been sold to someone else. Not doubting this, but they really should do a better job of updating their site.

4. Darnon

Darnon Well-Known Member

Just placed my first order from them for a NIB Technics SL-1200GR. I emailed them first to inquire if it was in stock, and received a response from Greg within 5 minutes, informing me that it is indeed in stock, and that will ship tomorrow. All good so far!

5. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Excellent team up there in the shadows of Vince Lombardi stadium (about 3 hr drive from me). They have done well to earn my business. You are going to love your new turntable and there are scores of users here to help if you need. Peace !

Darnon and patient_ot like this.
  6. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

I just got a Technics SL-1210GAE limited edition from them, and I'd previously purchased an SL-1200G. First-rate customer service in my experience.

intensemojo, Darnon and patient_ot like this.
  7. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

IIRC a bought an amp and some replacement styli from them years ago. Never had a problem, but they do have some mixed reviews occasionally. My advice is, if you are at all concerned, use PayPal or a card with very good purchase protection when making a purchase. That goes for almost any store really.

Darnon likes this.
  8. jcr64

jcr64 Forum Resident

I also ran into the problem of something listed as in stock on the website not actually being in stock, but all worked out well in the end. I would buy from them again.

9. Darnon

Darnon Well-Known Member

Yes! I can't wait. Went with the silver as I dig the 'retro look' and I live in PHX where dust gets in the crib and doesn't wear well on black components... Cheers.

Yeah, I used Paypal attached to a credit card that sides with the consumer first. Thanks!

patient_ot likes this.
  10. HiFi Guy

HiFi Guy Forum Resident

The 1210 GAE is already out? You’ve gotten yours?

11. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

Yup. It arrived Friday, but I still need to set it up. Maybe tonight. I'll post some photos on the forum.

HiFi Guy and Joe Spivey like this.
  12. DanPDX

DanPDX Well-Known Member

I bought my Rega Planar 6 with them. They had to order it from the distributor, they were out of stock on the configuration I ordered. They shipped it directly to me just took a few extra days (they gave me the option to cancel the order and wait for them to receive the item.) Good communication overall.

13. Nick Dunkin

Nick Dunkin New Member

Just ordered from these guys based on these responses but then I found the Yelp reviews?!? Hard to believe they're referring to the same company.

I'll see how it goes I guess.

14. psulioninks

They are not the cheapest for new items...but they tend to be is stock. Can't say I've had the same experience with their used items. On more that one occasion, I've inquired about a used piece only to find it had previously been sold - but not removed from their site. I don't think they have the best e-commerce software solution (if any at all).

15. txguitar

txguitar Senior Member

I’ve bought from them. I had a problem with a turntable I bought from them and they took care of the problem.
    Good company.

16. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

I bought used speakers that were flawless and a great deal. Also bought a new cartridge from them and have a dac/streamer on order. Huge selection of quality gear.

17. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Yup! My current preamp, wyred4sound mpre. Excellent price, fast shipping, great communication, all good over here!

18. Rocannon

Rocannon Forum Resident

How long do they take to process orders? I placed an order for a turntable on the Jan. 2nd, and payment is still pending. Granted my order was on the weekend right after a holiday.

19. ClayE

ClayE Well-Known Member

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I bought a Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x subwoofer from them and liked it so much I bought an 800x for a my 2nd system. Both were shipped promptly.

Rocannon likes this.
  20. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

Contact them. I ordered a cartridge and hadn't heard anything for a couple of weeks, emailed them and heard that their order hadn't been delivered and it would possibly be another six weeks before their order would arrive. I did end up getting the cartridge on the timeframe they told me, but if I hadn't emailed them I would have sat there for two months wondering.

Rocannon likes this.
  21. psulioninks

That's ridiculous. If you don't have stock to sell, you shouldn't be taking orders...or at least show the estimated in-stock date on the item so a consumer can understand a shipping/delivery delay will be involved. Barring that logical process, they could go ahead and contact people themselves...rather than waiting for people to reach out to them. :crazy:

22. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

frequent. other retailers do this too. gets your attention and opens up the lines of communication.

23. Rocannon

Rocannon Forum Resident

Sent an email to them asking if item was out of stock or not. I have a feeling the turntable I ordered (1200GR) is out of stock, and the site hasn't been updated. The GR is pretty much sold out everywhere so I'd be surprised if they still had some.

24. psulioninks

They had L'Art du Son record cleaner when most others were out of stock, but that is probably due to their asking price. Some hope may still be there for your table!

Rocannon likes this.
  25. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

All the good feedback on HiFi Heaven is nice to hear. Gives me another place to check out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.