Anyone Seen "The Devil's Rain"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sternodox, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, many times...

2. geralmar

geralmar Forum Resident

I liked it considerably more than that.

3. I'd be interested to hear why, should you care to expand. Certainly I thought it odd that a B-movie scared me more as an adult than as a young teenager. :)

4. I saw it in theaters back in the day and also purchased the Shout release on Blu-ray. Robert Feist has related a number of stories related to the film including the fact that the producers ran out of money and they didn't end up shooting the complete script. Tom Skerrit and Eddie Albert played the darkly humorous elements which played to Feist's strengths as a director but all of that footage was, as I recall, reshot at the insistence of the producers using the money on that rather than actually finishing shooting the film. The film never really was finished, it was just stopped and then put together in post-production and released. There's a terrific commentary track on the Blu-ray that goes into depth about all the problems (and it was a problem filled production from before the first frame was shot). The fact that it was ever released is a minor miracle. The film still has some clever touches and Feist does some nice staging for many sequences. Considering that most of the budget went to the name actors and the make up, it's a miracle the film looks as good as it does. It's still cheesy fun.

driverdrummer and Sternodox like this.
  5. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Nice that Ernie didn't need to wear a lot of make-up. Adding to the Must-See Shatner throng, along with Incubus and the incredibly smarmy Impulse, don't forget Roger Corman's notorious 'The Intruder' aka 'I Hate Your Guts'. I call it the William Shatner Triple I Trilogy.

trumpet sounds and Sternodox like this.
  6. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

Who/what is The Fake Jan?

7. Child actress Geri Reischl, who was best known for replacing Eve Plumb as Jan Brady in The Brady Bunch Hour. My reference was a li'l joke aimed at the pop culture geeks out there, who often refer to Reischl as Fake Jan.

halfjapanese likes this.
  8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

That would make a good band name;
    "Ladies and gentlemen..... THE FAKE JAN!"

halfjapanese likes this.
  9. Opening for Half Japanese!

vince and halfjapanese like this.
  10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Still less ridiculous than this:

[​IMG]