Anyone seen this error message when using Paypal?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by KeithH, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

I'm trying to pay for a CD through PayPal, and when I select PayPal as the method of payment and click on the "Continue" button, I get the following error message:

Anyone ever seen this? Is PayPal having a problem or is there something I can do?

2. KeithH

In case it wasn't apparent, the problem I was having was in trying to pay for the CD by accessing PayPal through the eBay checkout system. Thus, I used the eBay auction page as the starting point. I got around the problem by logging in at paypal.com and accessing the auction invoice through my PayPal account. Strange.

3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

It could be that Paypal is having some problems tonight when trying to pay through ebay. I won three auctions today, and paid for 2 of them through the ebay "Pay Now" option. I know the transaction went through, since the sellers already e-mailed me for my quick payment, and my paypal account shows the transactions as completed. Yet on "MY EBAY" page, and within the auction for each item itself, ebay does not yet indicate that the items have been paid for. Usually the update on the ebay page, and on MY EBAY is instantaneous.

4. KeithH

Mike, I'm with you. I received an e-mail confirmation from PayPal for my payment, but the eBay page still says "Congratulations! You won the item! (The seller has sent you an invoice.)".

5. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

I had that problem last week, and it turned out the guy who was selling the item had a link to PayPal, but he didn't accept PayPal. I don't know why the link, but when I figured that out, problem solved.

6. KeithH

The seller I am dealing with takes PayPal. In any event, the auction page still does not acknowledge that I sent payment, but I have an e-mail confirmation of payment from PayPal, and my PayPal account shows the payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.