Anyone shop at Sister Ray in London for Vinyl?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by ServingTheMusic, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I'm not in London often but when I do I don't bother now, not for used vinyl at least.

2. alexpop

Yeah ..Selectadisc, wasn't the same when Sister Ray took over.

Reminder i was in London in 2011 and went to the shop next to Sister Ray ..exchange something ....bought Lost season box sets also Davey Graham LP £20.00..i remember the year as Jason Statham was filming just down the road( turned out to be a film called Redemption).

3. Albiegator

Albiegator Forum Resident

Agreed. There are always good bargains to be had at the main record fair at London Olympia during November. Picked up a near mint HMV Box set of Abbey Road for a tenner last year.

alexpop likes this.
  4. alexpop

As you go in the shop bottom top left shelf loads of goodie CDs for £3.00 ( well the price is good) +array of magazines.

20 years ago you had ToWer records Piccadilly, spoilt for choice there DCC /MFSL Gold CDs ...also JPN obi replica CDs. Physical media heaven, sigh. :)

5. alexpop

I liked Stand Out just off portobello road ( near Electric Cinema) the two guys running it had the same first names. Great USA( 1960s/70s first pressings) went with the dodo when Internet started up.Could have been rent increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.