Anyone tried the Bluesound Node 2i streamer?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by BroJB, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPepper

RPepper Active Member

I just bought a new FIOS Home router (for ZOOM classes I teach) and now my Node 2i is not working. On my iPhone and iMac desktop, the Node 2i hotspot doesn't show up. I contacted Bluesound and haven't heard back yet.

2. kaikki on aivan jees

kaikki on aivan jees Forum Resident

If you haven't, yet, power cycle (reboot) the Node 2i hotspot, as it probably needs a new IP address from your new router.

Tim S likes this.
  3. BroJB

BroJB Large Marge sent me. Thread Starter

To clarify - yes, you can control the Dot via the Amazon HD app, which *does* stream it directly (and thus provides better SQ). A couple of other sources, such as TuneIn are also streamed directly. Other sources you'll cast via Bluetooth.

Tim S likes this.
  4. Clayton93

Clayton93 Forum Resident

I'm confused, let me explain. I am not using Amazon HD. But I do subscribe to Tidal, , SiriusXM, Spotify & Qobuz . Also there are quite a few Echo devices in my house along with 1 Node2i. These Echo devices are controlled by the Amazon Alexa app. One of the preferences in the settings of the app is music services. The music services preference area allows me to link all of my subscribed music services except for Qobuz which is not available for Amazon to link, similar to Bluos not providing SiriusXM. Also available in the Alexa app is a feature called Audio Groups which allows a user to pair as many Echo devices as desired. For instance I have setup a audio group called "Upstairs" which consists of two echo taps connected to two Oppo Sonica speakers in my living room, a Echo 8 show in my bathroom and a Echo show 5 in my bedroom. To play music on all 4 devices simultaneously I give any of these devices a voice command such as Alexa play the album Alone Together by Dave Mason on Spotify on the Upstairs group. At that time the album will start to play synced on all 4 devices.

In the Alexa app all devices that you own are listed by name in a column, the device name can be edited by the user. This is where my confusion comes in. When in the app where the devices are listed if any device is selected a sub menu appears. This menu has a selection for Bluetooth when opened on all of my devices there is shown a option to pair a new device and another line that states no devices found. My question is are my devices being played by Bluetooth or are they being streamed? I was always under the assumption that I was listening to audio over wifi but it wouldn't surprise me if it is in fact Bluetooth without me being aware.

5. BroJB

BroJB Large Marge sent me. Thread Starter

I'm not certain, but I'd expect that non-Amazon services are playing via Bluetooth. But, as I used it for Amazon HD only, I can't be sure.

6. ds58

ds58 Forum Resident

Those non-Amazon services (SiriusXM, Spotify, Qobuz, etc.) are Alexa Skills that you add to your account. You link your accounts in the Alexa (Amazon) app.

Clayton93, Tim S and BroJB like this.
  7. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

I remember you showed me your setup. I ran out of hardwired outlet on my wifi router. Is there a way I can expand that and do you think this will be a good wire for the Ethernet going to the node 2i?

Monoprice Cat6 Ethernet Patch Cable - Snagless RJ45, Stranded, 550Mhz, UTP, Pure Bare Copper Wire, 24AWG, 100ft, White
    Features:
    • Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Category 6 Ethernet cable
    • 24AWG stranded, pure bare copper conductors
    • 550MHz bandwidth
    • Snagless cable boot protects the plug retaining clip
    • 50µm gold plated contacts

Monoprice Ethernet cables are made of 100% pure bare copper wire, as opposed to copper clad aluminum (CCA) wire, and are therefore fully compliant with UL Code 444 and National Electrical Code TIA-568-C.2 fire and safety standards, which require pure bare copper wire in communications cables.

[​IMG]

Tim S and Tim 2 like this.
  8. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Hi
    I purchased a box that split one connection to four, cheep, the Source I think.
    That cable you showed should be fine. The cat6 cable I used was just your basic cable, no real current carried on these cables.

9. Classic Car Guy

I'm gonna try to hardwire the living room too and see if I can do a recording in there.

10. Classic Car Guy

node 2i un-balance left and right by a fraction. No good for recording. anyone has this situation or problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.