Anyone using Transparent Audio cables in their systems?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

Just wondering what your experience has been.

Thanks.

2. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

I use it exclusively. If it’s good enough for Andy Payor (Rockport Technologies), it’s good enough for me!

displayname and LeeS like this.
  3. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

Thanks. What model of their cable do you use?

4. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

10 gauge High Performance in-wall for speaker cables (looong runs), Super xlr interconnects, and a mix of Premium and High Performance power cords. Middle of the road stuff.

displayname and LeeS like this.
  5. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I've been using Music Wave speaker cables for years, no complaints

LeeS likes this.
  6. BluTom

BluTom Forum Resident

Currently Premium Musiclink Plus series for interconnects, phono and speaker cables. In the process of upgrading my phono path to the Super Series. These are good products that clearly make a difference. I've done many A/B comparisons myself and have attended a number of Transparent demos at my local retailer. Transparent makes a nice product.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    lonelysea and LeeS like this.
  7. nwdavis1

nwdavis1 Forum Resident

Yes. Transparent interconnects between amp/pre and turntable/pre. The rest of my interlinks are all AudioQuest.

LeeS likes this.
  8. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

They're a very high quality product and they work well in my system. You can spend mega bucks but you don't have to. It's all nicely done.

9. rcspkramp

rcspkramp Forum Resident

I use their coax and usb digital cables.

LeeS likes this.
  10. PoetryOnPlastic

PoetryOnPlastic Forum Reedmaker

I use "The Wave" speaker cables with my Parasound HINT and Dynaudio Focus 340s. I also use their power cords on the integrated and my Oppo udp 205, as well as their Powerbank 6 power conditioner. For the power stuff, I don't have much to compare it to, but I am very satisfied with the performance so far.

LeeS likes this.
  11. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Hi, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post actually. I'm currently using Transparent Music Wave Speaker cables and Music Link RCA IC's from my phono pre and DAC into my integrated amp. I'm really happy with the sound, this is my 3rd change of "audiophile" speaker cables through the years and I don't think I'll be switching to a different brand ever. Will only upgrade to the more premium line of Transparent should the funds permit.

The local AD sent the Music Wave Speaker Cables for demo along with Speakers that I bought and after listening to it I told them that it's not going back to the dealer. Music with Transparent cables just sounds more real, more 'fleshy' if you will. I did a bit of reading on the founders of Transparent and I love their company ethos which is to make a really great product that instills pride of ownership. They also attend a lot of live concerts and watch live music whenever they can which is pretty much the blueprint on how they go about making their cables.

I'm currently looking at their High-Performance power cables and will jump at it once the local AD offers a discount.

jfeldt likes this.
  12. Jungleface Jake

Jungleface Jake Well-Known Member

Way back when Stereo Review was a magazine, they did a test with Monster Cables with some industry "experts", and just for fun, they tested the Monster Cables against an unknown. The unknown was the clear winner.

The unknown speaker cables? Much to the "experts" surprise (and dismay), they were made up of many interconnected coat hangars. I cant show you the article, I haven't really looked, but it made such an impression upon me, that I never forgot it.

That being said, I recently bought two new Ernie Ball guitar cables, which claim on the package "Voiced for a natural, transparent sound with balanced frequency response" , to which my friend and I chuckled; "I wonder who falls for that nonsense", then upon plugging in with them for the first time, I was blown away, so I'm always willing to test out new technology. Maybe they didn't make a difference back in the day, but now I believe they can.

I'm intrigued by these Transparent cables. Thanks for posting this.

Taiyedbrodel likes this.
  13. chipcalzada

If you have a chance, don't hesitate to give them a try. Transparent cables are highly directional so in the case that you've installed in the opposite direction the sound will be muffled and bass will be out of phase (it happened to me).

14. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I used Music Wave on my old speakers, but jumped to MIT (speakers, sources). They just work perfect with Nagra and Wilson.

chipcalzada and F1nut like this.
  15. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

Transparent Music Link Gen 5 from all sources and to my power amp. Musicwave Bi-Wire (old version) for the Mirage M7si's. Sound best when everything is Transparent branded in the system. A synergy perhaps.

16. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

Maybe a dumb question but the network box section of the IC's should be downstream correct?

17. chipcalzada

That’s correct based on the instructions. From source to the preamp/integrated amp the network box should be closer to the preamp/integrated input.

18. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

My older Musicwave BiWires have the big rectangular boxes. They are about 15 years old. They work perfectly still, although the rubber surrounds on the speaker terminations have degraded and have cracking. My much newer Gen 5 Musiclink IC's (3 pairs) have the rounded networks. The terminations are very tight but do slide on nicely once line-up perfectly. I use some Craig pro-gold stuff to lubricate and treat them. Compared to my Kimber set-up (8vs and PBJ's) Transparent is more laid back and has a warmer sound. Better bass impact and slam. The Kimbers have a great "in the room" sound and are definitely "faster" sounding, while being a little more limited at the top and bottom. Love both set-ups.

19. neu18

neu18 Member

Hey I know I'm bumping an old forum, but has anyone noticed these fit super tight on some inputs? I think it's damaged my receiver from jostling them/switching turntables. Can you loosen them somehow?

20. nwdavis1

nwdavis1 Forum Resident

Mine are a little tight too. You can carefully spread them a bit with needle nose pliers

neu18 likes this.
  21. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

Have MusicWave speaker cables on the bedroom system and music link interconnects on my Tavish phono to the amp in my main listening setup. Also, have my listening equipment hooked to a Transparent Powerwave 8 with a Transparent power cord. Think they make good stuff, but gets a little pricey for my budget. Found deals on all the above. Have found they are a snug fit, but nothing I had to alter to make fit.

22. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

I use Transparent Ultra RCA IC between my phonostage and preamp. I traded in some older Transparent cables for these after trying them at home for a few weeks. They are costly but still a small percentage of the cost of my analog front end, so I think it was a reasonable investment.

I tried them and some Nordost Heimdall II cables between my Naim NDX2 and preamp, but the Naim HiLine cable sounds better than both, and I found a used one for less cost.

23. TimWare

TimWare Well-worn Member

I'm *trying* to use the Transparent Plus phono interconnects with my Technics SL-1500C. But for some reason the connectors to the Technics are too loose and just fall out. I'm trying to work this out with the folks at MusicLoversAudio.com in Berkeley, CA. I also bought the "Line" phono interconnects for my other TT and those connectors fit just fine.

24. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

Transparent can fit different connectors, so your Transparent dealer shoukd be able to get you sorted.

I no longer use mine. I sold my phonostage and replaced it with a Naim SuperLine, which uses its own DIN-DIN cable.

TimWare likes this.
  25. TimWare

TimWare Well-worn Member

Yeah, it turned out that the connectors just needed to be pushed harder to seat. All's working well and I'm happy with the Transparent Plus's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.