Anyone watching Loudermilk ?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Jun 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm surprised there has been no discussion of the show Loudermilk.

It's a Peter Farrelly and Bobby Mort series that ran for two seasons on the AT&T Audience network, where no one watched it, but then got picked up by Amazon Prime, who have presented all three seasons (a third season was produced for AT&T but didn't run there).

I think it's terrific. Excellent cast, good comedy with just enough pathos. Oh, and the titular character is a former rock critic who occasionally talks about music in a legitimate manner that would appeal to anyone on the Steve Hoffman forums.

I hope Amazon picks it up for more seasons.

totmeyer, Mike Dow, troggy and 3 others like this.
  2. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Absolutely terrific show, and season three showed up just a few days after I finished the second.

The only part I didn't really care for was during the second half of season one, with the guy who was being conned into going to AA by his boss. I found that story line to be unbelievable and a little annoying. And then that character and his sponsor just disappeared - which was odd but a relief.

Otherwise, there are a lot of interesting characters and some great comedy. I love it.

Oh, and you might enjoy 'Wayne' as well. Just one season but a well told, enjoyable story.

3. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

We watched the first two seasons over the last couple of months, and just started the third. I enjoy it, miss the hot neighbor, and am getting tired of the female lead.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I agree, the storyline about the guy who was going to AA for his boss and ESPECIALLY his sponsor was over-the-top and not really consistent with the tone of everything else. But they just dropped that story entirely in season 2. So maybe they realized the issue, as well.

5. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

I just found it last night on Amazon. I watched the first 2 episodes. So far looks pretty good. I've always like Ron Livingston ever since Office Space. The show reminded me a bit of Flaked and Californication, but different enough that it's not a rehashing, or doesn't seem to be. I was looking for something no too serious so this might fit the bill.

6. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

Best comedy series I have seen in years and I'm very hard to please.

timind likes this.
  7. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Thanks for the heads-up. I watched the first two seasons on Audience but that channel disappeared and I didn't know that the third season was available. Is it ten episodes, like the first two?

Anyway, terrific show, highly recommended.

RockNRod likes this.
  8. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

Amazon prime video has all 3 seasons.

troggy likes this.
  9. Bruce Racket

Bruce Racket Forum Resident

I started the series yesterday. Watched four episodes and loved it. It's a throwback to 90's, early 2000 comedies. Rude, crude and hilarious. And there is plenty of cool dialogue for the music nerd which was the icing on the cake.

Juan Matus and RockNRod like this.
  10. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

Just started it, very funny.
    Time Travelling Lumberjacks of the Conderacy.
    Still chuckling.

11. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.