anything strange going on at Red Trumpet?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rpd, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

My signature disappears in the last post, too.

2. Paul Chang

The "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons at the bottom of the "Additional Options" block does not work.

3. Paul Chang

Let's see if my signature shows up using Quick Reply.

4. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

My signature is gone too.

5. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Good morning Signature Orphans! Let's try it today and see what happens!

6. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Jeff fixed it.

mud-:D

7. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

No one answered the phone at Red Trumpet today. Hummmmmm...

Very strange....

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I just talked to John over there about 6 minutes ago. Everything is fine. The web site is going though changes (like Pete Brady ;) ) so the site may see-saw occasionally.

But they're there for the phone. John sounds alive and well.

9. rpd

Calling them right now and I get the "computer problems" voice mail...

10. rpd

Their site is down again....something bad must be going on there....

11. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

There's nothing wrong - got my Mott/Dudes LP from them yesterday. You must have the worst luck in the universe, rpdugan, or work for a competing vendor...:laugh:

12. Sckott

They're there. Like I said, they are experiencing growing pains from upgrades (like we are occasionally).

Their site is up as I post, and if you're reeeeally having problems getting in touch with them, DO email them at [email protected] and ask John for help. I think Rick might still be out of town.

I know they added just miles of hardware to the site and redesigned it at the same time. I don't think Trumpet is going anywhere but to greener pastures. They're also one of the last "good guys" who maintain a positive buying experience on-line to an above-average success.

13. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Still no e-mail reply for me either. :( I'll have to send 'em a quick note later when I get back. I think the Disc Doctor is the reason they're holding up my order--I just want to be sure. ;)

14. rpd

I know you were kidding about the other vendor remark...actually they have been wonderful to deal with so I hope all is well as they have been great....

15. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Me either :(

16. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I placed an order on Dec 2 and have not yet received it. I emailed them last week, Rick responded with an apology and said that it would ship right away, but it still hasn't showed. I hope they are alright. I would gladly wait for an order from them as long as they continue to be around when we need them!

17. syogusr

syogusr New Member

Jon: Wouldn't it be easier to pick up the phone and call toll-free and get the find out what happened with your order, then to email them? Just a thought, but for me, I'd rather talk to a person than a machine!
    Also, they are fine there, just upgrading, and Rick has been away for a few days, but trust me, they are alive and well!

18. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

Just received an order from them yesterday. All seems to be well.

Ryan

19. Sckott

Jon,

I get orders from them within 2 days. I mean, they're on our side of the coast, and it's further away in Cape Cod. It shouldn't take mere "moments" to get things from Trumpet in CT, you see.

20. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

"I can't find mine either"

21. snap

snap Forum Resident

If you check RT's Super CD Sale Store, you'll find the sale special "now through Dec. 31, 2003." And this 'sale' is pathetic -- buy one CD, get a certificate for a dollar off on your next CD. "Whoa, baby!" (I doubt the sale is being extended due to an overwhelming response.) Someone is definately asleep at the switch in York, PA. Something strange, indeed.

22. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Rudy (and anyone else who might have ordered)
    I thought you might want to know. I called Red Trumpet a few minutes ago. The nice girl told me that they placed an order for the brushes earlier this week and that they will be in next Wednesday at the earliest.

23. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Yay! :D I got an e-mail back last week saying the brushes were "backordered". She asked what I wanted to do with the order and I never replied...think I'll shoot a reply over now and tell her I can wait it out.

Thanks, Terry! :)

24. Rick

Rick New Member

Yikes.... I leave the country for a couple of weeks...Right before a major server move (and installation of another one) and two days into the trip all heck breaks loose... Perfect Murphy's Law... anything that could have gone wrong well.. did... and I was literally half way around the world....For all of you that have met me - my hair (or what is left of it) is a little grayer (~:

Good news? I am back..jet lag is gone and things will be back to normal... Better.. although we had a temporary blip (? - which also meant issues as described above) I will be able to advise within a reasonable amount of time why this happened...which is good news for Red Trumpet and all of our customers!

Some things were due to supply chain issues...

Anyway, do not want to get into the boring business details but we are here and will be for another 20+ (at least I will be), especially since my wife recently advised that my fourth child is coming (I have three girls and this will most likely make it four) - so with college, weddings, etc... well, you get the picture.

No excuse, but growth pains due happen - (we have been adding to the employee numbers here and elsewhere) - anytime... anything I can do (or our staff) please do not ever, ever hesitate to call our toll-free number (877)733-8786 or e-mail me direct at [email protected]

THANKS
    Rick
    Red Trumpet
    www.redtrumpet.com

25. peter

peter Senior Member

Trust me, guys, anyone who puts up with me as a customer has a halo around their head. Rick you're the best. Congrats on the new family member to be and best to the company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.