AP - Bob Marley Rastaman Vibration UHQR

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by judasgoat, Nov 11, 2022.

1. judasgoat

judasgoat Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Announced this morning at 7am PST.

Only 3500...wow.

kt66brooklyn, jfeldt, hi_watt and 5 others like this.
  2. DocWatsonSees

DocWatsonSees Forum Resident

Exodus is on deck too as a UHQR and I wonder if that's going to be 3,500 as well.

ALAN SICHERMAN and bmusic like this.
  3. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Instant buy for me. Well almost instant, the site was chugging along. I hope they take some profit and put it into their website soon.

4. PDMBK

PDMBK Well-Known Member

Exodus is going to be a UHQR? How do you know this? Is Chad doing all of the Bob Marley records?

5. judasgoat

Yeah I had the same experience...I almost thought my purchase wouldn't go through, the site was so laggy.

6. bruinuclafan

bruinuclafan Forum Resident

@Greenmonster2420 looks like your wish came true. What do you think about RKS doing this one?

Greenmonster2420 and scotti like this.
  7. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

Could others confirm that their order went through on the website but they haven’t gotten a confirmation email yet? I’m trying to double check my account history but the site is dead now.

8. Maffi

Maffi Well-Known Member

Yup not my first choice for a Bob Marley album on UHQR. Gonna wait for Exodus if that’s true.

9. Wreckords

Wreckords Forum Resident

My order went through, got the confirmation email. It was chugging along and took a little bit.

bluejimbop and 4-2-7 like this.
  10. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Really? Where was this confirmed?

11. judasgoat

It's nice to have such a quick turnaround time on this release. Announcement only 7 days prior to release.

12. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

If you get to the end of checkout at PLACE ORDER and _click_ and then next see an error page, yr order did go through. Look for the confirmation email. Site is overloaded. Just got off the phone with Karl.

And subscribers should reserve a low number if they so desire. That is available for this release.

This one should be interesting!

13. DocWatsonSees

I do not know if they're doing the entire catalog, but I would guess no, since they aren't going in order. Regarding Exodus, I saw it. It's done and already ready to ship.

BeatlesBop likes this.
  14. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

Have been on the fence about the Steely Dan UHQR, but definitely going to grab this one.

15. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I wish they would go 45rpm for this, but still fab news. Hope before we get all the Island Marley titles.

I've yet to hear any Marley release top 1982's "The Box Set", hope this will be the one.

Bob Marley & The Wailers - The Box Set

FlorentinePogen, Bill Hart and OE3 like this.
  16. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Ordered of course though as mentioned the site is running slow right now!

This is the first of a number of Marley releases so I'd expect Exodus to included in that.

That title would command higher numbers I would have thought even if it's not everyone's favorite!!

17. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

It does make sense anyway.

18. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Site was very slow but I got an order through with confirmation email.

19. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

As with the Hendrix UHQR, nothing to rule this out at 45rpm in the future, UHQR or not!!

20. Alex D

Alex D Forum Resident

If it would have been Catch a Fire would have been an instant purchase.

Oh well-life goes on.

21. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

I had forgotten to hit the final "place order" button during the checkout process. Luckily, I was still able to snag a copy.

22. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

This was easy as heck to preorder. I did over the phone and got right through and got my confirmation#. I realize this might not be what many were expecting, but for me, so cool to get a reggae title like this. Glad he kept it at 33 and not 45. Going to be so fun to hang out in the Marley caboose and then drop the needle on this baby!

DavidJ, voxshades, PATB and 4 others like this.
  23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Ordered immediately upon receiving the email. Email received at 10:03 am ET, order confirmed at 10:08 am ET. Personally I am looking forward to this more than any of the other UHQRs on order or One-Steps!!

24. DocWatsonSees

That's still my favorite Marley album.

25. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Chad rant..Chad sensitives may want to pass on reading this...

So this was one of the "big announcements"?

Yeah, ok.

(Told yall it would not be Zeppelin. Though I am glad it isnt because I am not a fan of the Classic Records versions for the most part)

I think I guessed one of the ultra limited announcements would be Rastaman. So not surprised.

I very much like the Rastaman album but I dont really see how this Marley title is one of the two "knock your socks off" anticipated release. It is maybe 5th or 6th at best as far as Marley goes. Kaya, Survival, Natty Dread and even Burnin'..all better Marley albums.

I think Chad saying "This is one of MY favorite albums" pretty much says it all. Ultimately it isnt what the fans desire, it is about what he wants in his collection.

The guys tastes simply dictates way too much concerning what is put out by AP. His tastes on what he considers great sometimes are just meh and border on bland.

His business and his choice of course and not disparaging him for this, but through the years he has proven time and time again that his tastes are really what the bottom line is.

And IMO this is his achilles heal. But maybe I am not one of "his guys".

Unfortunately, that philosophy simply leaves music fans that know "Rastaman Vibrations" is not a top-tier title out of consideration concerning opinions. Its a very narrow stance on Chad's part and has allientated many music and audiophile fans.

Folks are rather hesitant to say this directly concerning Chad due to the "Chad and AP can do no wrong" stance. A near fanboy dedication. But sadly, this is the case concerning his choices.

Pretty lame choice considering the build up and "Oh you just wait and see" statements from Chad. Its ironic how a guy mentions about how we will poop our pants yet is totally constipated in his own musical tastes.

And this all comes from a fan of the Rastaman album.

My bowel movements remain regular in spite of this Chad.

To those who are now sitting on the toilet exploding over this "big announcement" enjoy!

Ill enjoy my great German Marley set.

ODShowtime, brucej4, kwadguy and 9 others like this.