AP - Bob Marley Rastaman Vibration UHQR

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by judasgoat, Nov 11, 2022.

1. We'll probably never know so what's the point speculating???

2. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

Boredom, banter, something to do

hi_watt and Guillaume Bougard like this.
  3. Might as well try to guess which Marley album will get the UHQR treatment next

By the way, do the geniuses around this forum know why there is no Electric Ladyland in UHQR???

kt66brooklyn and lord K like this.
  4. Adam2424

Adam2424 Well-Known Member

Tuff Gong still has some because they haven't shipped any copies out yet.

5. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Sounds like they still have all of them, if they haven't shipped any out to the purchaser's. I think that 20% off coupon has something to do with all this.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  6. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Probably the same geniuses that know why there is no Band of Gypsys UHQR either!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  7. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

With that 20% off thing, the most they could lose is $12.5k which definitely cuts into the margin. I know not everybody knew about the coupon though so who knows what the actual number is. I think the real test of if they meant to offer it will be if the next unknown UHQR is also a Marley album, is sold on his website, and the coupon still works.

John D. likes this.
  8. lord K

lord K Forum Resident

Maybe because are you experienced uhqr is still on sale ?

kt66brooklyn and John D. like this.
  9. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

I don't remember Chad quoting 500 units held back for the Marley Estate, and, are these units being resold through Amazon? Amazon has the same Marley RV UHQR avail for presale for mid Jan/2023. I was under the impression that all 3500 units was sold directly by Acoustic Sounds

10. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I am technically a genius, but I don’t have much more than an educated guess. The Electric Ladyland 50th Anniv vinyl box was produced in large numbers and is still available. It contains a very good Bernie Grundman cut of the album. They might want to clear that inventory before doing another high priced version.

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  11. Early he said 3500 pressed and 500 go to Marley. Sales through their site I think.

12. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Has there been any confirmation that another Bob Marley UHQR is happening? If so, are there any hints as to what it could be?

13. Tooth

Tooth Forum Resident

Yes. Anything since the email on 11/22?

14. Wrigs

Wrigs Well-Known Member

Bob already told us what he would do when he said “them belly full but we hungry..” Never enough money.

MC Rag likes this.
  15. Wrigs

Wrigs Well-Known Member

The Wonderful Sounds comps are not 100% AAA. So yes, he would touch digital if he absolutely had to.

16. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Chad said in his video there is another Markey UHQR coming in the first 1-2 months of 2023. It will also be limited to 3500 so if you want a copy, subscribe to the mailing list and the youtube channel.

bmusic likes this.
  17. racer59

racer59 Forum Resident

Exodus

OE3 and bmusic like this.
  18. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Did he say it would be exodus?

19. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

Nope but he did say it was a popular title that will sell out quickly. Not sure if he always says that.

bmusic, OE3 and fluffskul like this.
  20. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

This is great news. I would've eventually bought this if it seemed like it had trouble selling... only as investment for more releases! This really isn't one I often reach for, so didn't appeal much to me. Would absolutely love to see Burnin', Jamaican version of Concrete Jungle, or Exodus get the UHQR treatment

21. Jasonbraswell

Jasonbraswell Vinylphile

And that BG cut is fantastic compared to a GM. I wouldn't even entertain the UHQR personally.

dee likes this.
  22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

If it is Exodus I would expect an immediate sell out because flippers will be buying after what has happened with this one. Get youtube channel notices as well.

Beach House likes this.
  23. dee

dee Senior Member

You don't like the General Motors cut? Or the Greil Marcus remaster? :winkgrin::uhhuh:

I prefer the Berry Gordy cut myself.
    :righton::D

24. dee

dee Senior Member

Thanks for posting information of an alternate means and media format to more affordably (for me) enjoy the album and music. I was aware and had many of those Diament cd's but traded them in like a fool during the remasters and such craze etc. Fwiw I enjoy this album's sequence better as an uninterrupted album, like a cd plays. For instance, I do not feel like, for me, there are consistently opeing and closing tracks that bookend side a and side b on this album and also the middle section of the album, I say roughly tracks 5-8, seem more okay to me, overall, than anything more classic. Positive Vibration is a great song and I also like Rat Race too. It's just the former doesn't seem perfected to me, in the studio, and the latter, is short. Both of them, in their feel and timing, become more fluid, complete, and powerful, imo, on stage, in concert, as songs sometimes do. I've enjoyed the thread in that Vibration was the only major label or Island proper album release of Marley's that I was lacking in well-knowing as an album. Johnny Was and Cry To Me have both moved me in spirit. So in this resepct as a forum member but not a buyer of the vinyl, I appreciate the push or spark its supplied towards me finally hearing the album a number of times now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    hvbias likes this.
  25. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Of course, I know that you are joking since anyone that would know that Barry Diament did those Tuff Gong Marley CD's would know the initials of Bernie Grundman and George Marino in Hendrix dead wax.

Anyway, I agree that the Bernie Grundman cut of Electric Ladyland (which to this day is only available in the 50th anniversary box set) is fantastic, although I think the George Marino cut (all current pressings) sounds pretty good as well.

As far as a UHQR of Electric Ladyland is concerned, if it is the same Bernie Grundman cut, I might pass. But, let's say they said it would be a new mastering by Bernie Grundman, cut from the original analog master tapes on four 45 rpm discs, for, say, $199 . . . . .

I think it depends on where Electric Ladyland stands in your personal list of "favorite albums of all time". For me, it is very, very close to the top of the heap. I would have to buy that one.