Apparently "Here Comes the Sun" is the most popular Beatles song with millennials. Huh?!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by StillTripping6769, Jul 28, 2019.

1. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Straight from the State Sanctioned Rules and Regulations for a Modern Mix. Section E. Subsection c. "Any and all modern sound recordings MUST have centered vocals, drums, and bass. Violators are subject to state confinement and mandatory reeducation boot camp for hard panners."

2. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

B Level? Its as good as anything else on Abbey Road and should have been the single instead of 'Something'. One of the last great moments of the Beatles (well, 3 of them) cooperating.

3. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Stop #bullying me.

WMTC likes this.
  4. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

OP (who is "still tripping" from 1969 apparently): STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

If ever there was a troll thread...

5. Devin

Devin Time's Up

6. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Indeed. I always thought it was considered a classic. Since when has this ever been 'B' level. Doesn't surprise me in the least if this song continues to resonate through the generations.

7. wrappedinsky

wrappedinsky Forum Resident

What better song to bring joy to your day? Or to wake up to in the morning? I've honestly thought more than once that this would be my pick if I had to listen to the same song every morning, a la Groundhog Day. I've heard it a thousand times, but it still makes me feel all happy inside when I hear it again.:wiggle:

8. It's all about the Moog

9. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

You'll get over it.

Merrick, Kundalini, drift and 15 others like this.
  10. No surprise, it has everything to be a long-lasting hit...

11. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

This somehow has Jay-Z written all over it.

12. plentyofjamjars67

plentyofjamjars67 Forum Resident

That's great. hasn't it been most popular for several years now? I find it is best to react in a happy way if you care the slightest that kids embrace your favorite band from the past. No one wants to be analyzed or told they're incorrect for liking a particular song the most.:)

drift, AidanB, Suncola and 1 other person like this.
  13. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

But is that definitely applicable and attributable to millennials? And maybe Queen fans are less ardent and able to own so many physical Queen products. Like so many Beatles fans are able to. Due to disposable income, all of the Beatles releases and remastered products available, and due to how long The Beatles have been around.

Also, are Wayne's World fans millennials? Or actually older?

This has 7 million views:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  14. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

Maybe the kids are listening with their ears and don't care about defining moments. Hey Jude, to me, is one big dullness.

15. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Why would millennials, or anyone else getting into the Beatles now or then, care about their most defining moment? I would think it's just about whatever song you happen to like the most.

Not the biggest fan of the song myself btw but I don't think it's particularly dated production wise, nor it its lyrics. Add to that being very hook laden and I could see the appeal today.

16. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Wayne's World is from 1992. Millennials (like me) were still watching cartoons by then.
    I never watched the film (and I'm the biggest hardcore Queen fan you can think of) and I don't even remember any cultural impact it had back then.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Paulwalrus and DRM like this.
  17. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

….and the most popular Neil Young song with "millennials" would probably be Harvest Moon. so what?

NunoBento likes this.
  18. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

"Apparently "Here Comes the Sun" is the most popular Beatles song with millenials."

Good for them :righton:

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

this is good news... who cares what song it is...It's The Beatles! enough said!

20. whoman4says

whoman4says Forum Resident

I care so little, I have absolutely no idea what generation I'm from.

Born in '65 if someone wants to give me a clue and then tell me what music I should a) be listening to and b) be dissing! :)

1983, Twinge Crispy and Michael Bean like this.
  21. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

By who?

22. Terry

Terry Senior Member

You loco, baby

23. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

It is their most '70s sounding track. And given its shiny production and lyrical theme, dare I suggest it would be their obvious contribution to "Yacht/Soft/Mellow/Seventies Rock" playlists?

24. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Gen X, but a year or 2 earlier, you'd be a late boomer.

notesfrom and Witchy Woman like this.
  25. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

I’m surprised it’s this song but it’s one of the Beatles’ best so that shows that they do have good taste :)