Apple releases 7th-Generation iPod Touch*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Vidiot, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

With my car I just connect it to my AUX input so unfortunately can't say I have much knowledge with alternate methods of connecting an iPod/iPhone to a car besides that

2. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

So do i. And there is no other way i want to do it.

3. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Flac is still not possible or I'm wrong?

4. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Not through the music app though it can be played through Files. Would be easier to convert to ALAC if you want to listen to lossless on it.

5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I used to just hook my iPod (Gen4) with the Aux cable. Now I use this and it is much easier:

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetoo...ocphy=1021112&hvtargid=pla-320995298147&psc=1

[​IMG]

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger so it doesn't have a Bluetooth option, this works perfect with my iPod or phone.

HotelYorba101 and Rolltide like this.
  6. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

If you use a third party app such as Onkyo HF Player or Foobar you can sync FLAC files from your computer and play them.

7. AirJordanFan93

iPod arrived today. First thing is I forgot just how light they are compared to smartphones (I hate having to have a full-sized phone with me to listen to music) Also nice only having to have one dedicated audio device for my audio needs (music, podcasts and audiobooks)

timind, Galley and Eigenvector like this.
  8. AirJordanFan93

So, I have a flickering display on my iPod. Its still usable and the flickering is only slight but still what a pain given its brand new and all. Really don't want to have to send it away so Apple can repair it.

9. Kim Olesen

Contact them. Usually they will just send you a replacement if it is covered by guarantee.

10. AirJordanFan93

Already talked to support and they pretty much already told me to take it to an Apple Store. Thankfully its got a 1-year warranty. Already had one issue with it today where it just powered off on me while I was listening to it. Had to do a force reset to get it working again.

Part of me is now wishing I got a refurbished iPod Classic from eBay.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  11. Kim Olesen

Thing is, i’ve had issues with refurbed ipod classics too. And sometime in the near future sync cables will be hard to come by.

I have three classics. I wish they would last forever.

timind likes this.
  12. AirJordanFan93

The HDD died in mine 2 and a half years ago and I am still lost without it. Its why for a long time I was debating getting a more traditional DAP like a Sony NW-A or a more basic tiered FiiO device. But when Apple announced the 256GB touch earlier this year it was sort of the thing that swayed me.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  13. Kim Olesen

I am saving up for the 256gb ipod touch.

14. AirJordanFan93

I got a slight discount through the company I work for so instead of the $599 it was like $520.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  15. Kim Olesen

i just read that as 250$. Was about to ask you if you’d buy one more and send it to me :D

16. AirJordanFan93

I wish it was $250 which I think is around the cost of the base 32GB model here. Probably doesn't help the Australian economy is kind of in the toilet and our dollar is doing poorly. I have no idea why Apple felt the need to charge $600AUD for an iPod in 2019 given how niche of a product it is.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  17. Kim Olesen

175aud cheaper than here in Denmark!

18. AirJordanFan93

Ah, so there are places who are more expensive than us.

19. Kim Olesen

Denmark raises it’s hand.

Boden9 likes this.
  20. AirJordanFan93

But how expensive is music on the iTunes store then?

21. Kim Olesen

Between 1,7 and 2,1 aud per track. Albums usually 17 aud

22. AirJordanFan93

seems similar to how its priced here then.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  23. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Can anyone test the ipod 7 with external storage (flash drive/ssd/hdd) and report back? Requires Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter.

24. Johnny Action

Johnny Action Forum President

Anyone know of a place that I can send my iPod classic for a battery replacement and new SSD swap? I don’t trust myself to do it.

25. timind

timind phorum rezident

Both you and @Kim Olesen need to investigate swapping the HDD with something like the iFlash.xyz – Welcome to the home of the iFlash Adapter products. If you're at all handy with DIY projects, it's a fairly straight forward operation. One of my ipod classics (7th gen) mirrors my entire itunes library. Much less expensive, at least here in the US, than comparable alternatives.

black sheriff and Kim Olesen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.