Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Are Amazon's vinyl pre-order prices creeping up to retail price?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by shawnwes, Jul 10, 2021.

1. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Their pre-order prices are unbeatable on the various BN series & usually about 25% below retail & no hassle return policy. Unfortunately here in Canada we don't have any other vinyl discount vendors other than Amazon. Sure hope it was a one-off but last pre-order of a BN Classic lp was almost full retail & there was no price adjustment and the Dexter Gordon Go that's supposed to drop in a couple weeks is starting out at CAD $37 ++ (about 23% OVER retail). If that's their new SOP I'll just put in a standing order with my local retailer. If I have to pay retail might as well give my $ to the guy who lives down the road.

2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Be patient. They usually do a drop after a week or so. I’ve done very well with preorder prices in the past three months.

JorgeGvb likes this.
  3. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Amazon locks your pre-order price and if there is price reduction, the price is adjusted as well. So, it doesn't matter what happens if you pre-order with Amazon.

Timothy Fiacco and Dennis Metz like this.
  4. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

Amazon.ca, yes. Amazon.com, doubtful.

shawnwes likes this.
  5. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Winner, winner. Just checked & it's affecting the Amazon.ca site only, not the US .com site. US prices are still well below retail but there's a $9 shipping charge to take away any incentive to purchase from the .com site from Canada. Truly sucks.