Are Speakers Corner LPs Worth The Money?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Spotmaticfanatic, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Forum Resident

Gray market labels offer spotty quality at best. Most likely digital masters, sometimes even pressing ripped CDs onto vinyl! Yes, it has happened.

Research your titles carefully. For instance, there's a NM-condition Classic Records pressing of Tijuana Moods selling for a mere $30 US.

Charles Mingus - Tijuana Moods (Vinyl, , 1997) For Sale | Discogs

Don't ever spend money on DOL, WaxTime, or any of these terrible terrible brands. At that point, why not just get a CD? It'd definitely sound better! For vinyl, stick with the good names for a great experience. Otherwise, what's the point?

Jellis77 likes this.
  2. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

Speakers Corner is not a 'Gray market label' - they are one of the best reissues labels in the business. They use top tapes, engineers, and equipment.
    And they are all analog.

scotti likes this.
  3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Forum Resident

I was referring to the labels mentioned at the bottom ; DOL, WaxTime. Did you read the OP?

4. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

I did.
    I did not pick that up in your post - no worries.
    Cheers.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  5. Stankey

Stankey Active Member

I heard the Elton John Yellow Brick Road LP from the 90s is very good. Too bad it costs like $200 or something. For things like that i don't see the worth personally.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  6. It is very good, but I understand the price of entry for this OOP title can be a bit much for many. I'd love a copy of the Mofi UHQR of DSOTM, but the price is just not worth it for me.