Are Speakers Corner LPs Worth The Money?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Spotmaticfanatic, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

If true, that sucks. :(

2. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

If he said that - I'm hugely depressed. Where did he say this?

3. I did a shootout this weekend with an Original George Benson "The Other Side Of Abbey Road" WLP .. Monarch deltas /Van Gelder stampers.

There's something about an original and this one has the provenance. There's a visceral quality that's hard to deny but sometimes it oversteps and gets a little carried away. Perhaps a little strident or peaky at times but never lacking in energy. I forgave it's transgressions as it just did so much so well.

The Speakers Corner reissue was fun and just a pleasure to listen to. I hate to use the term "hifi" because many round here consider that an indictment, but that's the first word that comes to mind. Smooth, lush, dynamic.

This is yet another case where I need both copies as they both hit the pleasure centres so well; just in different places.

4. Classicrock

Classicrock Forum Resident

YouTube interview. I'm not sure if this might be a couple years down the line but he said it's increasingly difficult to license titles if he wants to sell records at a standard price. Would explain why AP and MFSL mostly do expensive 45 rpm versions. At 27 minutes on in the video below.

5. bruinuclafan

bruinuclafan Forum Resident

Anyone pick up Eternity? The music is great, but I’ve now gone through two copies with horrible surface noise and audible stitching (that zipping sound). Just wondering if there are clean copies out there…