Are there other record stores with sites like Bull Moose and Silver Platters?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Bill Mac, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident Thread Starter

The online inventories (new and used) of Bull Moose and Silver Platters are normally up to date and easy to search for specific titles. So are there any other record stores with sites like Bull Moose and Silver Platters? Thanks in advance :)!

Bull Moose
    Silver Platters

2. Ron Stone

Ron Stone Offending Member

Dusty Groove in Chicago

panasoffkee and Bill Mac like this.
  3. zphage

zphage inappropriately touching the out of touch

Bill Mac likes this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

I’d never heard of Silver Platters until seeing your post, but one thing that caught my attention is that they are using the same software platform, which would account for the similarities.

If I recall, the Bull Moose team developed this system, so they’re perhaps licensing it out as another revenue stream.

Bill Mac likes this.
  5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts on Silver Platters software :)! I check Dusty Groove often but had not heard of Siren Records. The Silver Platters' website is almost a mirror image of the Bull Moose site. I did not realize that the Bull Moose team developed the software system. Thanks again!

cdash99 likes this.
  6. Maurice

Maurice Forum Resident

7. jcure

jcure Forum Resident

8. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I love Silver Platters. I was inSeattle and found tons of stuff at great prices that I haven’t been able to find in Vegas and I also do phone orders with them .. great stuff. Amoeba does phone orders as well but not everything is on their site .. FWIW

9. bresna

bresna Forum Resident

I've been using Euclid Records for a long time but I will add that I have had a few items that I ordered get sold locally before they could pull it off the shelf for me. Ditto Dusty Groove.