Are there plans for 50th Anniversary John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band? What should be on it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lynd8, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

I hope there's "wind" on it.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  2. slane

slane Forum Resident

13 tracks?

beatleroadie likes this.
  3. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

The writer must have been looking at the 2000s reissue CD with Power to the People and Do the Oz added! :shake:

FJFP likes this.
  4. Beant

Beant Well-Known Member

Johns youtube uploaded this today, an interview solely focused on the POB era... a clue, methinks.
    Perhaps this full recording will be in the box set?

5. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

Apparently - these are excerpts from two 10" clear vinyl records that are available for sale at this exhibition in Tokyo:

Double Fantasy - John & Yoko (tokyoartbeat.com)
    and
    DOUBLE FANTASY – John & Yoko | ダブル・ファンタジー −ジョン&ヨーコ

Disc 1:

[​IMG]

Disc 2:

[​IMG]

Nice of them to post this! I'm not sure I'm going to get to Tokyo in time to buy these!!

Cheers,
    Paul

P.S. Is that a Grapefruit on the Obi instead of an Apple? Nice touch!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  6. Beant

Beant Well-Known Member

Wow... those have my heart racing. Hopefully they can be made more widely available

Who Cares and oboogie like this.
  7. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

More information about the twin 10" releases - and apparently a Yoko Ono single from 1972 - is here:

『ジョン・レノン&ヨーコ・オノ 特別インタビュー』『女性上位万歳』発売!『DOUBLE FANTASY -John & Yoko』 東京展 開催! (110107.com)

Using Google Translate, it appears that these are re-pressings of interviews that came with John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band & Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band (1st disc) and Imagine & Fly (2nd disc).

Although there is a link for on-line ordering, it's for attendees only - there's probably some kind of exhibit ticket validation. The notes indicate that only the Yoko Ono single will be sold after the event - bummer.

I'm kind of surprised that 2nd disc wasn't included in the Imagine box set... Here's hoping for the first disc in the JL/POB set.

Cheers,
    Paul

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Beant, Who Cares and oboogie like this.
  8. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

As long as it's not too compressed in the remix!

DTK likes this.
  9. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Those interview discs are cool, although they were intended for Japanese audiences and as such, Yoko does most of the talking and in Japanese! During the POB one, John plays some guitar in the background (his Remember Love/Sun King kinda stuff) and then at the end does a short acoustic Give Peace A Chance.

Who Cares likes this.
  10. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

From description:

"Excerpts from the Limited Edition 10" clear vinyl; available at the 'DOUBLE FANTASY: John & Yoko' Tokyo exhibition. Recorded messages from John & Yoko to their Japanese fans in January and September 1971, talking about their albums (Wedding Album, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band, Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band, Imagine and Fly), their Peace Campaign and Japanese memories: haiku, zen, kabuki, Japanese gardens and various stories that connect them to Japan."

oboogie likes this.
  11. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

oboogie and Beant like this.
  12. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

On a side note, I read there’s 17 minutes of Wind Sounds on the new King Crimson 1969 box set if you’re into that.

Zongadude and DTK like this.
  13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yoko Wind and King Crimson Wind are VERY different... ;)

fishcane, Electric Sydney and DTK like this.
  14. Electric Sydney

This I know.

15. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

This is make-it-or-break-it day! The 5th Of November

16. Karl Denver

Karl Denver You’ll get nothing and like it!

I’m starting to get discouraged. Wouldn’t we have had some more clues by now? Wouldn’t someone have found an Amazon listing from some far off place by now? We haven’t heard anything from our insiders in a long time. I hope I’m wrong and it happens this year.

green_ovation likes this.
  17. VicSchwarz

VicSchwarz Forum Resident

The twitter account of John Lennon just tweeted this quote from Remember: '..If you ever feel sad And the whole world is driving you mad Remember, remember today. Remember The Fifth of November' and a link to the 2010 remastered version. So I think the POB box set won't come out this year, or maybe they delayed the announcement of a few days

Who Cares likes this.
  18. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Most likely related to Guy Fawkes day..

Electric Sydney likes this.
  19. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

And.... nothing! I guess we should get used to the idea of an early 2021 release. Which means then it’s a spring 2021 release.... then a summer 2021 release....which means ultimately an October 2021 release. If that. It’s been fun, guys!

20. Electric Sydney

Maybe John meant to sing, “Remember. The fifth. Of DECEMBER”.

green_ovation likes this.
  21. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

...well...maybe this can leave playing room in our wallets for the 50th Deja Vu.....I *did* say, "maybe".

22. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

Not really about POB but gives some insight into what's going on behind the scenes in terms of Sean's increasing involvement and I guess not really surprising (apologies if this is not news)

Yoko Ono hands over business interests to her and John Lennon's son

Yoko Ono slows down as she hands over business interests to her and John Lennon's son
    EXCLUSIVE: Last month Sean Yoko Lennon was appointed a director at eight companies linked to Yoko and the Beatles

Yoko Ono appears to have stopped working and has handed many of her business interests over to her son Sean as she slows down at the age of 87.

The widow of Beatles legend John Lennon has been vocal for decades about global peace and used to personally attend exhibitions of her artworks.
    But she has not been seen in public for more than a year and on October 5 we can reveal Sean Yoko Lennon was appointed a director at eight companies linked to Yoko and the Beatles, including Apple Corp.

He also joined the board at Lensolo, which deals with music rights of some of John’s solo work.
    A spokesman told the Mirror: “Yoko continues to oversee John’s estate but has drafted in Sean as a director to assist where necessary.”

23. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Hopefully, Sean and Yoko took care of Julian as well, at least a percentage of John's royalties...

24. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

Just noticed they call him Sean Yoko Lennon :laugh:

25. macca728

macca728 Forum Resident

Makes me feel a bit uncomfortable......Call him Sean or Sean Ono Lennon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.