Are these DCC titles?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by metalbob, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member Thread Starter

Are these Steve's DCC releases? A few, except Elvis of course, come up as shipping within 2-3 days. Some of the product numbers say WEA for the Doors, which would indicate to me it is a WEA release that might actually be a gold CD that is imported from overseas. Same with the Deep Purple. Some seemed to have similar numbers as Steve's, with a different prefix, which might be just their cataloging system. I think they were on the 2nd or 3rd page.

http://www.ccmusic.com/search.cfm?searchkey=DCC%20Compact%20Classics&bounce=y&searchType=label

After seeing that Beach Boys title on there, I might have to pick up some of the lesser known DCC stuff that is kicking around.

BOB

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I couldn't access the link. How about a cut and paste of the list?

3. GregY

GregY New Member

4. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member Thread Starter

There wasn't an actual list. It was a big page with CD covers. Five of 'em. It appears that the site has a problem with organizing it's titles. Several selections for DCC though.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Print out a list from Steve's discography and compare 'em...:)

6. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

If you used Power Search on the CCM site and just typed in 'DCC Compact Classics' under the label heading, you'll get the pages. If memory serves, however, that doesn't mean they have these titles in stock[24 Karat Hits has been listed for some time but is on back order--i.e., gone for good].
    Worth a shot for some of those titles, if they do list they can ship in 2-3 days. Remember, not all of the DCC titles were remastered by Steve, though all the Gold Discs were. If in doubt about aluminums, of course, check his discography. But they should have some Golds in stock, if not a lot. And none of the ones everybody wants, I'm afraid.

Remember, if they do send you something that isn't Steve, just keep it sealed and send it right back. That's happened to me.

ED:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.