Are You An "ANTIBEDROOMTVITE"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Khorn, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

But whats IN your little studio room, Steve? In the way of equipment, that is.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Do you really want to know?:laugh:
    I'm sure the best of the best!

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

You can always look on my profile.

4. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

I used to have a small telly in my bedroom but as my sleeping problems became worse, I ditched it. Now I slumber in pitch blackness, except during the summer when baseball games are on the radio, the volume just loud enough to barely make out the voices, with a little red light the only illumination. Since I would fall asleep with the TV on, turns out the light changes were making a bad situation all the worse(most of all during summer, when the heat gets rough). These days, if I want to stay awake until I drop, I just turn on the PC....you don't get to 6K+ in posts by being a sleepyhead...:rolleyes:

ED:cool:

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i've had a tv in the bedroom ever since i bought my own house.

guess it goes back to the transistor radio under the pillow.

renny

6. stever

stever Senior Member

I was ALWAYS against having a TV in our bedroom. About three months ago, I was talked into buying a 13" for the sleeping quarters. I must admit, I LOVE IT!

7. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

I'm not only pro tv in the bedroom, but I even proposed my wife we had two, one for her and one for me.

Flat TVs in the bedroom are the trend for the future. It makes having a large TV there so easy. Many families might end up having the better system in the bedroom.

A 16:9 HDTV set with capabilities for two 4:3 channels side by side would be a nice setup when price comes down.

8. Michael

Ah yes, I remember that well! Wasn't that special?

9. Steve Hoffman

I had a little Zenith transistor under my pillow; I listened to Top 40 Radio and it lulled me off to sleep. This was just last year. :)

10. Michael

Yea, The wife is bugging me for a TV in the BR...At the moment only a larger TV would do. A 13" would be just too small...So for now I just repeat my Dear loves words...'The Bedroom's For Sleeping"...:laugh:

11. Michael

Steve that's great! LOL! AM or FM? I'll bet your listening to talk radio?, As the golden AM day's are long gone...Or for that wonderful nostalgic feeling? I thought of doing that many times too...I check ebay out often looking for the many radio's I had when I was a kid...Just love to find one in the original package!

12. Steve Hoffman

I went through a "find my childhood transistor radio on EBay" thing too. I did find it, but $100.00 was too much to go down memory lane; especially with the little 2" speaker in there.

I have a bunch of Top 40 airchecks from the good old days that I could feed into the radio for that nice comforting nostalgic sound, but I'm not that crazy (yet).

13. ratskrad

ratskrad Senior Member

I know this is going off topic but when I was a teenager in the early 70's living in Naples Fla. We used to listen to KAAY out of Little Rock Arkansas on our AM radio's late at night. I had bunk beds at the time and I had four
    four inch car speakers hooked up to the four corners of my bed. 50,000 watts being pumped into my radio from very far away.

Now on to topic I have had a TV in my bedroom since as far back as I can remember. We have a 25" one in the bedroom now but now days I am finding that my wife is getting more and more used to not having it on. When I come upstairs to bed I like to have the background noise as I find it helps drone me to sleep but about 50% of the time I get put in my place for turning on the TV. But then again marriage should be a 50-50 thing anyway <g>. I have gotten used to using the sleep function so as the TV turns its self off after one hour. I have been wanting to put an extra dvd player and stereo in the bedroom but something tells me this is not going to go over very well.

14. Michael

I'll bet those air checks would be a rush! If I had 'em I listen to them...
    Crazy not too!:thumbsup:

15. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Just bought a replacement for my bedroom TV. Got a Toshiba 20" flat screen (it even has component inputs. WOW!). I can't go to sleep without the noise from some mindless show. It's also my alarm clock. I wake up to Katie, Matt and Al every morning. My girlfriend (read: hopeful future wife) can't stand it. She likes silence at night. It'll be hard to re-train myself.

16. Michael

When I married my bride 18 years ago...I was use to watching TV in the bedroom for years...Well she wasn't. It was a sore spot for some years...When our Son arrived the TV went out and he came into our bedroom for the first few months...Then he got his own room! Needless to say, the TV was no longer a problem...Since then we've been TV free in the BR. I'm happy...Like I mentioned before, She -now- wants a TV in the bedroom...Women??? :laugh: :love:

17. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Never had a TV in my bedroom. I'd feel weird about having that big "eye" watching me as I try to sleep.

Jim W.

18. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

Yep, gotta watch out for those two-way (George Burns) stealth model TVs!

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.