Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Are you on discogs? what's the collection worth?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by phish, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Dale A B

Dale A B Forum Resident

I’d be thrilled to get $8500 for my 850 Lp’s but I will not sell on eBay or discogs.
    I would Craigslist them first and then take the rest to a record store.

As for Min/Max valuations, you would need to sell your Lp’s while living to be able to recoup anywhere near the minimum values.

2. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat

Apparently I never posted my collection value earlier in the thread. It would be interesting to see how much my collection's value has grown in the last two years, but in any case, I'm up to 1300 CDs (a lot of those just weren't entered earlier; I haven't bought 700 CDs in the last two years) and 800 LPs (I have probably bought close to 500 LPs in the last two years):

Min $17,680.07 Med $30,183.74 Max $56,774.25

black sheriff likes this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Currently:

Min $69,002.52 Med $109,226.10 Max $176,991.97

I still have a long way to go.

black sheriff likes this.
  4. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

My collection's value on Discos has increased insanely in recent years but especially over the last year. There must be lots of Gov money, bored people with nothing else to spend their money on etc. buying up. I think it's increased £15k at least just since January. I could never recreate a fraction of my collection now, not only the nuts prices but postage costs too have become pretty prohibitive from many countries.

Just run an adblocker, you will see no ads at all. The site interface is not sophisticated so it is easily cleaned up by a blocker.

fretter likes this.
  5. bad_penny

bad_penny Forum Resident

Collection Value:*
    Min $72,559.66 Med $122,809.65 Max $214,609.50

SJP likes this.
  6. arkin

arkin Active Member

Current value:
    Min $16,742.33 Med $26,981.89 Max $47,938.77