Are you ready for some METALlica?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend Thread Starter

Some of you may know that Metallica's new album St. Anger will hit stores on June 10th. This is Metallica's 8th studio album and thier first original studio effort since 1997's Reload.

Early reports of the songs describe the fastest and most furious Metallica yet. For those turned off by the band's experimental sounds and songs of 1996's Load and Reload material, this new stuff should be a welcome change.

I've always been a strong fan, no matter what the speed or style of the group's recent studio effort. Now, after hearing clips of the new tracks, I'm more excited than ever to see where the boys take metal/hard rock circa 2003. Listen to two clips on the Metallica website here.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else as excited as me?

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Sam, I am excited! I like Load, but never cared for Re-Load. Although I feel that Metallica has grown tremendously over the years, I am glad to hear that they are taking a "fast and furious" approach to St. Anger. Even the album title brings back memories of their early days with song like "Metal Militia" and "Battery". Can't wait!

3. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Metallica's New Album

I can't wait either! Been a supporter for about 17 years. It would be nice to see new "raw" material. I can't say I've "disliked" their new direction throughout the '90s, but for someone who listened to them through highschool, this new sound is a vast departure from the "thrash" sound of Kill 'Em All, RTL, and Master albums. Long live Cliff Burton!

4. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I really like most of Metallica's catalog. I really liked the S&M album. "And Justice for all" is one of the best metal albums of all time. Hopefully the disc isn't mastered as "loud" as Mr. Ulrich is claiming.

5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Bought the first two albums when they were new.

However, so far the material I have hear online and on MTV (the new song they debuted on MTV Icon), seems like they are imitating the "nu-metal" bands (like Staind, Puddle of Mud, Godsmack, etc.) instead of just being Metallica and letting the other bands follow THEM.

It's kinda early though I admit......I gotta hear the WHOLE album.

6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I can live without Metallica yet... but I will give the new album a try

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.