Artists who joined bands that had previously covered their material

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alexlotl, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexlotl

Alexlotl Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think I've stumbled upon a subject for a list thread too niche to have been done before! Correct me if I'm wrong.

A friend of mine always posts a Christmas Song countdown on Facebook, and one of the tracks she posted this year was Christmas Eve by Teenage Fanclub, from 2000s XFM Cool Cool Christmas compilation.

Here's the interesting part - this track is a cover of a Gorky's Zygotic Mynci song, written by Euros Childs. Fast-forward to when Gerry Love left the Fannies in 2019, and it was announced Euros Childs would be joining as a fully fledged member, playing keyboards.

So, here's the question: can you think of any other artists who joined a band that had previously covered their material?

While I'm in no mood to police the thread, I do mean properly joined, not just did a guest appearance with. Touring members however are acceptable!

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Members of the Meat Puppets were featured guests on Nirvana's Unplugged in New York where they covered 3 of Meat Puppet songs.

Alexlotl likes this.
  3. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Guitarist Fred Tackett joined Little Feat in the 80's. In the 70's they recorded one or two songs he wrote.

Alexlotl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.