Artists you once passionately loved but who now sort of annoy you

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Atmospheric, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

I did like OK Computer, but yeah, Radiohead are the one band I used to really like but never feel the need to listen to again.

There are other bands I lose interest in for a while but usually end up going back to them.

ian christopher likes this.
  2. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I'm having a ****ty day and I was trying to start a fight. I've requested my posts in this thread be deleted. I can't talk about the Beatles without getting confrontational so I'm not going to waste anyone's time anymore. Short answer is, this forum made me hate them.

3. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

Madonna. I was obsessed with her in the 80's and she could do no wrong in my mind. The Madonna of the 80's would have laughed directly in the face of the woman she's become today.

4. trickness

trickness Gotta painful yellow headache

5. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

Uriah Heep.
    Pink Floyd after Meddle.
    Sweet.
    Weather Report.

6. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Wow.

SirMarc, mando_dan and Crimson jon like this.
  7. astro8585

astro8585 Forum Resident

Loved Led Zeppelin in the 70s but sorta burnt out of them now. Somewhat like Rush but in a different way. Also liked the 70s Scorpions with Ulrich Roth more than the later versions.

8. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Springsteen. He was great at one time, but his voice is thrashed. I prefer to remember him when he still had a voice.

9. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

I started focusing on pre-1954 Black music in the early 1980s...

I was already annoyed with the music of my youth , Stones Beatles etc by then...

Led Zeppelin annoys me to no end now days...

Truthfully anything other than pre-54 Black artists , ELVIS , Dylan , Pere Ubu & these 5 LPs Rod Stewart EPTAS , Van Morrison Astral Weeks ,Elvis Costello TYM & Mott The Hoople Brain Capers , The Doors s/t and Europe 72 Dead shows I can't tolerate...

1 or 2 songs by all other artists is all I play anymore...been that way for almost 40 yrs now

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  10. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I think when people overpraise and diafy an act it's gonna turn people off, a la the Beatles in this forum not really in general society. But, this position is taken by a few in this forum and i've seen it in other internet discussions particularly where a position is taken of sainthood and all others need to die and only praise can be given for this act. But, once i realized this dynamic it just took the sting out of the position and i just ignore the empty worshipfulness.

There was another music discussion group where the Michael Jackson people took the position that the Steve Hoffman Beatle people take.
    And there is the same dynamic in other discussions. Whatever. Even the people i really dig i know have many faults and other people love different stuff than i do. And just cause you don't like what i like doesn't take away from what i dig. I love PJ Harvey but she screams more than sings. Ray Charles has a real real real slow pace built into his stuff. Townes Van Zandt is definitly not for all. A downer and kind of monotone. But i love 'em all.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I tried but couldn't find one...and why would it change if you loved their voice?

Crimson jon likes this.
  12. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I guess, i dig Ted Nugent no matter what he says about politics. I like his music. Regina i just don't get. Don't know a thing about her politics. It becomes a Seinfeild episode after a while, as many things can, the abortion one with Elaine.... ;)

For a while i found it hard to listen to the Mamas and the Papas after hearing about John and his kid. But, i gotta seperate artist from art or it just becomes rediculous after a while. Burn the book!!!! kind a thing.....or the recent banning of Baby It's Cold Outside, which i find so f in stupid.

13. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Good to know there's someone else who culls their record collection. It clears the mind and enables you to see the wood for the trees. Ok, you might miss a nice track or two, but preferable to every day of your life seeing a cover that annoys you. To be truthful, it's normally more recent purchases that go, things I've read good things about but find I'm having to play to justify the purchase when really I want to get down from the shelf old favourites.

Atmospheric likes this.
  14. Alien Reg

Alien Reg Forum Resident

I immersed myself in T.Rex when I was 12-13 in early 70s. I bet I haven't put on a Bolan record since 1974. I don't miss them. They served a purpose then, and I'm grateful.

Somewhat different is the so called Paisley guitar wave of the mid-80s. I was well into my 20s by then. I guess it was a case of emperor's new clothes. But now the Long Ryders and all that 80s take on the 60s does nothing for me. If I want to listen to The Byrds I listen to the Byrds. Even R.E.M. who I stuck with the longest do not move me at all.

What I find more interesting - maybe a topic for another thread - is stuff I turned my nose up to at the time but now like a lot: in my case, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC and Motorhead. Fans of those bands in the late 70s/early 80s had much more fun than I did at that time. What a foolish snob was I...

Greenalishi and uzn007 like this.
  15. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

Green day. As a youngster I was obsessed with them for awhile but now I get somewhat annoyed with their music for some reason.

16. Anarseo

Anarseo Forum Resident

:D you're sooo right
    I think I stopped caring in 1993 or something, and I liked them so much when I was a teenager....

17. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

Another vote for Morrissey.

Partly because I've seldom been excited by his solo music. And partly......reasons that probably would get my post deleted if I delved into them, but let's just say....reasons.

18. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

If I really loved a band... then I pretty much still do.
    I kind of liked Guns And Rose's, but I can't listen to them anymore ... axl annoys the crap out of me... and I'm not even sure why.

All Down The Line likes this.
  19. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

20. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I was crazy about GN'R when I was a nine/ten-year-old kid. Now they annoy me, Axl Rose's mannerisms being one of the main reasons for that.
    "Patience" is still a great song, though.

21. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Roger Waters can get pretty annoying.
    Anyway, I've never been a fan of his solo career (except for The Pros And Cons...).

22. writteninwater

writteninwater Forum Resident

None if I stay away from their twitter accounts and focus on their music.

23. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Roger Waters, give it a rest. You're a bass player who can write very well. Not a politician.

24. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

I was a John Cage fanatic in my youth. For a long time now I consider him to have been the emperor’s new clothes.

25. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

Oh, stop. Really?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.