Artists You're "Supposed To Be Into" But Just Don't Care About That Much

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Waves Crashing, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Forum Resident

I like 60s rock, blues rock, psychedelic rock, hard rock, you name it.... but Jimi Hendrix? No, thanks, I’ll pass. Watchtower is a great song though.

carlwm likes this.
  2. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

That is one of the craziest things I've ever read here. Are you sure you were listening to Nick Drake or did you mean to say John Martyn?

Greenalishi likes this.
  3. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Gonna go with George Michael given her name is "GMFan87" and pretty much only posts in George Michael threads.

George Michael is GOD.

4. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur.

George Michael had the best male voice (I think Tracey Thorn had best female voice). With that said, I don't really have the time to review her posts and see that they're all about George Michael. I guess that's you pay such close attention so you can answer on her behalf..

5. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

I'm in enough George Michael threads to see for myself. ;)

Great guy. Definitely gets his due on here.

GMfan87' likes this.
  6. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

It's tough to answer because my favorite rock guy is Springsteen , favorite band would be U2 although I haven't liked their last few albums , and Sinatra is my favorite all around singer so none of those are underrated.
    Then for male pop singer it would have to be George Michael, always loved his voice and think he really didn't get recognition he deserved. To add to that list :
    Jewel has a lovely , unique style, don't hear much about her as a singer since her popularity in the 90's.
    Norah Jones I like her smoky voice and how she harkens back to another era
    Chris Isaak has a good voice and I like how he uses elements of rockabilly and Elvis, Orbison .

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  7. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Well you weren't wrong But I've moved into other threads

8. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

Bjork.

Earscape and Moshe like this.
  9. Dopey

Dopey Well-Known Member

10. drpep

drpep Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day

Metallica
    Bob Dylan
    Springsteen
    Van Morrison
    John Lennon
    Radiohead
    Coldplay

Earscape likes this.
  11. tvstrategies

tvstrategies Turtles, all the way down.

David Byrne w/o Talking Heads
    Peter Gabriel w/o Genesis (except his 1st solo album which I love -car)
    Bruce Springsteen
    U2
    The Eagles

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Dylan

Earscape likes this.
  13. kiddo4

kiddo4 Forum Resident

14. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

As a 21 year old, I'm supposed to understand the hype around Beyoncé, but I don't. I like a few songs, but people try to make her out as some music goddess and I just don't get it.

15. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

She looks good.
    She has an above-average R&B/pop voice.
    She's from Houston and started at SugarHill (a plus, for me).
    Best thing she could do is lose all the Jay-Z/political baggage
    and record a classic analog R&B set with a real producer.

[​IMG]

Andrew J and Man at C&A like this.
  16. Ratto

Ratto Forum Resident

Bruce Springsteen
    The Beach Boys.

Both horrific.

17. Lightworker

IYHO?

18. MungoMusic

MungoMusic Forum Resident

I find little enjoyment in some music that friends, co-workers, and local karaoke singers and jukebox junkies enjoy:
    The Doors, Bruce Springsteen, post-Peter Green Fleetwood Mac, Supernatural-era Santana, The Eagles, Jimmy Buffett, Jackson Browne, Don McLean, Harry Chapin, Billy Joel, Tom Petty, Bob Seger, Johnny Cougar, Huey Lewis, Ben Folds, Sheryl Crow, Orleans, Kenny Loggins, Foreigner, Journey, Toto, Steely Dan, Heart, Kansas, Air Supply, Spyro Gyra, Kenny G, Yes, Genesis, Alan Parsons Project, Billy Squire, Sammy Hagar, Peter Frampton (solo), Rick Springfield, Bryan Adams, Garth Brooks, Lenny Kravitz, KISS, CCR, ELO, Boston, Def Leppard, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, Ratt, Korn, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Arcade Fire, the National, Dire Straits, 10,000 Maniacs, The Replacements, Smashing Pumpkins, Dave Matthews, Hootie & the Blowfish, Ben Folds, Phish, Creed, Blind Melon, Sublime, Nickelback, Weezer, Primus, Drake, Post Malone, Kid Rock, list of current country bro's I can't even bother with their names, ....
    OK, spleen vented. If people didn't know me better, they'd be left with the impression that I didn't like music.

19. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

I don't care that much about The Kinks. I do like some some of the classic Kinks songs and Ray's solo stuff actually.
    Early Kinks was badly recorded and produced. 70s Kinks sounds like generic FM rock.

20. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Another cleverly disguised "music I don't like" thread...

Pete Puma, Rojo and MungoMusic like this.
  21. buxetehude

buxetehude Forum Resident

Has to be the Beach Boys for me. I love 60s pop generally but they just give me the creeps.

22. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur.

Your last point is really an important one. It's what R&B and even Hip Hop to a degree needs. For me to buy a record by her or Alicia Keys or Janet Jackson - - and I even wish Ice Cube and Kendrick Lamar would do... make a record that is start to finish them. Not featuring this person or that person. No features. No interludes. No stupid intros "You have entered the Zone.." I hate having the listen to those stupid intros over and over. Who ar the modern day Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis?

Greenalishi and Lightworker like this.
  23. Lightworker

Word.

24. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

Foo Fighters.

ellingtonic and Spadeygrove like this.
  25. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Miles Davis

Earscape and jonathan like this.