DCC Archive Association help needed....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vivaldinization, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member Thread Starter

Hey there.

Anybody here have the old Pair Records Association CD "SOngs that Made Them Famous?"

If you do, PLEASE email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

-D

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Sorry, I don't, but those old Pair Two-fer CD's sometimes had the best sound, didn't they?! I have many, and boy, they sound exactly like the master tapes. I wish I had snagged all of the Pair releases way back then.

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I have a CD-R copy of the Pair Association twofer CD and it sounds wonderful. I have a Pair Patsy Cline CD of early material that is all rechanneled.

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Yeah, Bradley, Pair made some mistakes. They should have asked for the mono versions.

5. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Hey Dave,

I've got the Pair Cd. It does sound amazing, easily the best sounding Association out there. Its a shame all their hits werent on there.
    Pair was lucky, they apparantly got GREAT sounding masters from Warner Bros for this release. I wonder if they got a digital dub off the LP masters?

Mikey

6. BradOlson

I know, but through the Varese 25 All Time Greatest Recordings Patsy Cline disc, I got most of the "Legendary" tracks in mono.

7. BradOlson

I know, but through the Varese 25 All Time Greatest Recordings Patsy Cline disc, I got most of the "Legendary" tracks in mono.

8. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member Thread Starter

Re. the Association release...dunno. The only other Pair I have is a Beefheart thing, which (like most non-Buddha releases of that material, namely Safe as Milk) didn't sound very good.

I'm VERY much in the market for it...as it represents their first and third albums in their entirety. Thing is, though, I dun know whether it sounds better than the Japanese discs, which are quite good...

-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.