Attention, Negativland fans!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vince, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Great interview with Mark. I hope he makes good on publishing that influential albums list. I never knew he was such a Prog fan.

vince likes this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

I just happy there's some NEW NEGATIVLAND on the way!

3. Holerbot6000

Say, does anyone have the address to David's facebook page?

4. vince

Not on FB, BUT..perhaps, you could ask Wobbly, and he'll point you in the right direction.

5. vince

The Neg's FB page gave a link to how you can 'friend' The Weatherman'!

Meanwhile; a baffling stream of late-night concerts of live electronic music and bizarre artifacts from an over-documented childhood continue to emanate non-stop from the FB account of Buddy Runyan, aka The Weatherman (one of the co-founders of Negativland). Request and experience that friend now if you dare. Buddy Runyan ?

Tanx likes this.
  6. vince

7. vince

8. vince

For those of you who just wanna see Negativland set, go to the last hour!
    Very good, and wait for a surprise call from The Weatherman!
    "STOP LAUGHING, MARK!" ha,ha...

9. vince

10. vince

Well, it's official!!
    According to Wobbly, on last night's OTE, there WILL be TWO NEW NEGATIVLAND albums......
    Of which, there is only one track left, to be 'worked on'!
    :goodie:

93curr likes this.
  11. Holerbot6000

So Mark has promised a limited edition release of the first album on vinyl, there are, I think, TWO documentaries in the works and now two new albums. When are the flood gates going to open on this stuff? Inquiring minds, etc...

12. vince

I see that the Don doc is being sold in Amazon..I may pick one up for my birthday!

13. Holerbot6000

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up Vince!

vince likes this.
  14. vince

Don't forget to give us a review...
    thank you.

15. Holerbot6000

The Don Joyce doc is excellent. It's not very long but because it focuses almost exclusively on Don and the show, it's still very satisfying. It confirms my suspicion that Don was an odd, obsessed duck, but thank God for him and his obsessions. There are some hard scenes at the end where you see him struggling on air due to his health problems, but for the most part, this is a celebration of his art and legacy. A definite highlight is a Negativland Christmas, where everyone gets together at David's house for a holiday celebration and we get to watch David wash Don's shoes and spray down his patio for five minutes, which never stops being entertaining. All in all though, a real treat for Negativfans. I know I am going to be listening to old OTE shows now for the next several weeks after watching this. We miss you Don!

Anyway, thanks again for the heads up Vince! Your finger remains on the pulse!

vince likes this.
  16. vince

Thank for the review, Holerbot!
    I'm in the middle of Wobbly's latest OTE (October 12, 2018);
    Nice bit of 'techno-fear' on the unknown effects of 'smart-phones'!!!
    It starts with a gentleman saying,
    "How many of you have smartphones in your pocket?....ok, and how many of you have read the fine-print that says you should never have your smartphone less than an inch next to your body?"
    Hope it's part of the new album!

17. vince

Here's the link to it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OVER THE EDGE
    "Cell Receptors"
    Broadcast October 11th, 2018
    Wobbly

"It was like some monstrous race between destruction and perfection; as soon as some piece of the world was conquered, after vast effort by millions, as when they built Road, the conquest would turn on the conquerors, as Road killed thousands in their cars; and in the same way, the mechanical dreams the angels made with great labor and inconceivable ingenuity, dreams broadcast on the air like milkweed seeds, all day long, passing invisibly through the air, through walls, through stone walls, through the very bodies of the angels themselves as they sat to await them, and appearing then before every angel simultaneously to warn or to instruct, one dream dreamed by all so that all could act in concert, until it was discovered…"

"Engine Summer", John Crowley

Photo of Colorado "Pine" by Brian Brainerd, Denver Post

http://negativland.com/ote_fi…/OTE20181012.CellReceptors.mp3

18. vince

19. vince

20. vince

and, NOW.......!
    My precious Vicki WILL be performing on the next OTE show!!!
    Returning to Over The Edge on KPFA
    FEATURED
    Posted on November 18, 2018 by Vicki

We will be returning to Over The Edge on KPFA for the first time in over 15 years on 30 November 2018, that’s starting midnight on Thursday night, California time. You can tune in online, the show is 3 hours long. Over the Edge presents – KPFA

[​IMG]
    Since 1981, Negativland’s live mix, audio collage radio show, “Over The Edge,” has aired weekly for 3 hours at midnight, each Thursday on KPFA 94.1FM in Berkeley, California. Mixed for 35 uninterrupted years by founder Don Joyce until his passing in 2015, the show continues on, now helmed by Wobbly (2nd & 4th Thursdays) and KROB (3rd Thursdays, as a frequently-broken rule).

OTE’s themed mixes are made live and spontaneously on the air from a variety of formats and equipment. There is a plan and there is no plan. The mix consists of found sound of many kinds and from many sources put together on the run as the continuous audio collage progresses.

I'm VERY excited about this!

21. vince

AND!,.......
    Wobbly has (finally) finished his 8-part 'curatorial' on cultural-appropriation!
    RWM - CURATORIAL

Enjoy!

22. Holerbot6000

Thanks Vince - you are a veritable FONT as usual! Happy holidays!

vince likes this.
  23. vince

Mark-LIVE....yesterday!

24. vince

25. vince