Audio Fidelity delayed gold CDs

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Lovealego, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Passing on the Yes but may get the Elton depending on the title. I have several of the 'Classic Years' ReMasters from a few years back and they sound fine to me.

2. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Hoping the Elton is GH V2!

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Are we to assume that the Elton John title is a ways away since the title hasn't been announced?

4. evad

evad Well-Known Member

Excellent assumption. Sit back and crack open some elderberry wine or drink two teas both with sugar. You have plenty of time. :D

5. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

and see how they roll?

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I wouldn't assume that - I think the Yes title has only been announced because Steve confirmed he was working on it. I don't think there's been an official AF announcement beyond the "delay" e-mail, has there?

7. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

New Steely Dan too?

:whistle:

8. KeithH

They aren't up on Audio Fidelity's web site.

9. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

C'mon and give us DON'T SHOOT ME I'M ONLY THE PIANO PLAYER, please.

10. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

How about GBYBR?

11. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

I hope that's some inside information you've got there.

"Don't Shoot Me..." is my favourite Elton LP.

As for "Captain Fantastic" The U.S. CD sounds like someone's pouring liquid chocolate in my ears so I'll be interested to hear how it might be improved upon.

Here's hoping.

And as I mentioned in the other thread if AF can stretch to a DJM box set then I'd be first in line.

12. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

I just sharted! :laugh:

13. Robobrewer

Robobrewer Forum Resident

:goodie:JOY!:goodie:

:candy:

14. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I do, too, but which version? The original LP line-up with "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" and "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word," or the latter day CD reissue with "Bullet in the Gun" and "Tiny Dancer"?

The standard-issue CD (with the latter day line-up) is actually a fine-sounding disc.

15. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

So what if this will be the gazillionth copy that I'll own of this. I WANT IT!!! :goodie:

16. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

For Elton I wouldn't mind his s/t from 70'. I know there's a fine sounding SHM sacd but that's pricey and a different format.

17. KeithH

While Audio Fidelity could very well give us the definitive CD, there are good versions out there that are readily available. The MFSL gold CD is still my favorite version, and it's not too expensive.

I'd rather see a different album. Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player would be a good choice. Just my opinion.

18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

A lot of people on this forum are amazing! (Not sure I mean that in the best way either.) An announcement, of sorts, is made about artists that are planned to be released by Audio Fidelity (or any label for that matter).... and tons of people start speculating about what they are releasing, what they should release, what they shouldn't release, why they shouldn't release, why they should release, etc etc etc.

So far we have nearly 6+ pages of speculation on an Elton John release which means nothing.

Are people trying to sway Audio Fidelity to release a specific title?

I guess I'm just in a grumpy mood. I probably should just avoid the threads where speculation and opinions about what is or what should be released, when a vague announcement is made.

Just my opinion. :)

19. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Take two bong hits and call me in the morning... :righton:

20. bholz

bholz Forum Resident

Yes, but on a hybrid MCH SACD please. If what has been reported here in the past is true, this is sitting in a vault somewhere just waiting to be released. I've got all the SACDs that have been released and all the early DJM and Mobile Fidelity cds for the early albums. I really want the rest of the catalog on MCH SACD, and don't need another CD.

21. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I've been at Camarillo a few weeks ago :D

Wait for the announcement by AF.

22. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

The stereo mix down tapes are accounted for. The some of the milti track tapes can't be found, which is the reason there was never a surround mix.

23. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

:laugh::laugh: That thought ran thru my head too.:wave:

24. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

It's not my intention to upset you, if I did, I apologize. I'm just trying to put a bug in Steve's or Kevin's ear so that maybe when they are sitting around thinking about the next project, maybe they will remember one from my wish list. I know a lot goes into their decision, so it can't hurt. Sometimes the squeaky spoke gets all the oil.....:wave:

25. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

So which other forum are you going to? :angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.