Audio Note CD player? or SACD player?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audiorocks, Apr 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

I've heard that big Synthesis amp many times at my local dealer Deja Vu Audio, it's an excellent sounding amp with Harbeths. May I ask where you did the audition?

brushwg likes this.
  2. layman

layman Forum Resident

Same place.

jonwoody likes this.
  3. Sterling1

Sterling1 Forum Resident

I have the Sony UBP-X800M2 and in comparison to my OPPO-205, for some chores, it satisfies like the OPPO. The only disappointment is the Sony does not deliver Gapless from FLAC downloads recorded to Data Disc or Thumb Drive. This precludes enjoyment of the Seattle Symphony's performance of the Firebird from the Sony. Right now, I have connected the Sony to a 2.1 Marantz NR1200's DAC via HDMI. The DAC decodes DSD so I output DSD from the Sony. I also have a Sony DVP-S9000ES Player, which these days is used for stereo SACD entertainment, analog out to a Parasound P6. At any rate, via internal or external DAC as necessary or possible, I perceive the sound of SACDs from any of these units/DACs to be indistinguishable in all manner. thus, the UBP-X800M2 seems to be a really good value for any having HDMI input on their external DAC, AVR or Pre-Pro, which can access a bass management function, since the Sony is sans bass management function.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    head_unit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.