Audio Note UK Ongaku Kensei 211 valve Single Ended Triode balanced amplifier now up & running!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 22, 2017.

1. finn

finn Forum Resident

I don't think you should try and explain it. I don't think anyone has a shovel that big to fill the potential hole.

Don Parkhurst likes this.
  2. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Seemed slightly out of character, not that I know you well enough to comment. I assumed one symbolized the records that were maybe not so well recorded and the other symbolized perfection.

3. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

What pic did you intend to post?

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your Host Your Host Thread Starter

A7206F63-76E9-4338-858D-9EF92E5C6AA2.jpeg

NOS300B and DanG like this.
  5. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

Oh, to contract Lycanthropy!

6. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

7. Steve Hoffman

Bettieā€™s Butt is better.

jupiterboy likes this.
  8. Subagent

Subagent Forum Resident

9. Steve Hoffman

Both the Bees' Knees.

Subagent likes this.
  10. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Enjoying the Beauty of "Crystal Clear" Digital

Hi Steve:

I would like to ask a few questions. As this is a terribly expensive amplifier on loan, and it's valued at approximately $140,000.00, which I suppose does not include the connecting cables:

1. If Customs did damage the amplifier in their ignorance of it's value, fooling around with it, are they responsible for damages they cause?
    2. Do you have to sign off on any shipping or Customs damage the "second" you receive the amplifier? What happens if the amplifier has been dropped and that damage is unseen during the delivery, and discovered days after it's installed?
    3. How long to you get to keep such a rare piece?
    4. Who insures the amplifier while it's in your possession? I can imagine what would happen if you called any insurance company and told them you wanted to insure a $140,000.00 amplifier.
    5. What happens in the unlikely event of theft, fire, water damage, dropping, accidental damage while in your possession, scratches, dents, etc.?
    6. Do you have to pay to send it back and pay to insure it?

I can only imagine how worried I would be if I was given or loaned a $140,000.00 component, it would be my luck some stupid home quest might spill a Coke on it, not to mention anyone that knows you are receiving such a piece, there are some crazy people in this world. I called State Farm to make sure my meager Parasound/PS Audio/HP/Aerial/Polk/Definitive Technology equipment was covered, and they acted like I was the only one in the world with audio equipment that expensive, and that was after being turned down by two other insurers that said, I owned equipment that was past their ability to insure! The manufacturer might have Loyd's of London doing a blanket coverage on the amplifier? :agree:

Richard Austen likes this.
  11. Steve Hoffman

The company handles all that stuff. Don't worry.