Audio on TVLand

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lv70smusic, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

Has anyone else noticed that TVLand's audio sounds incredibly compressed for the past couple of weeks?

The audio level on TVLand is now much, much higher than anything else delivered to me by Comcast. I'm using the digital out from my HDTV cable box and TVLand now sounds compressed beyond reason, with tons of distortion. I don't notice the distortion when using the cable box's analog outputs into my TV, presumably because the TV's speakers are so tiny and have such a limited frequency response, but the audio remains much louder than on other channels. Comcast's, errr, "customer service" is telling me that this has nothing to do with them -- that it must be the way TVLand is sending out its signal.

I hope TVLand isn't the culprit here because I fear what that could mean: Instead of being the result of a malfunction somewhere, this highly compressed audio signal could be the wave of the future, with every channel trying to be the loudest.

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I'll check it out on DirecTV later and see if it's as bad. Once I can wrest control of it away from the kidlets. :laugh:

3. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

The only LOUD crap on DirecTV are their own promos for PPV movies. It could wake the dead. :laugh:

mud-:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.