Audio Stand S.O.S.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jeffrey, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm in the market for a four shelf audio stand in the $300-500 price range. Any ideas? Looking at the Quadraspire Q4. Does anyone have an opinion on Quadraspire stands?

Thanks,
    Jeffrey

2. mazort

mazort New Member

Equipment Stands

IMHO one fundamental thing about equipment stands is that they should be rigid, and it amazes me how few are. It's not the only thing, of course.

I'm having pretty good luck with some older Sound Organization stands. The newer, good-looking ones sway from side to side no matter how much you tighten down the bolts. They (the current models) look great, however, and they could probably be made more rigid if they were braced from the rear. And they're reasonably-priced.

I also have a British stand that's in your price range that is very rigid made by Soundstyle. They have one piece metal posts on all four corners, welded to the cross-pieces suporting glass shelves. This is a no-nonsense stand in my view with an attractive price. I'm not sure if there is a US importer but an internet search will turn up some outfit in the UK selling them for sure. They're nice looking to boot, well-made and are avaiable in different color finishes.

Well, that's my two cents on that subject...

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Hi Mazort,

Thanks for the info. Funny ya mention the Sound Organization stands b/c the Z545 is exactly what I was gonna buy about a yr. ago. Me thinks, they were a great value at the time. Geez, they sure did go to hell in a bucket during the last yr. What a shame.....

Thanks for the Soundstyle lead. Will go surfing for them.

Jeffrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.