Audio-Technica 60th Anniversary Limited Edition product

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by BradOlson, Nov 1, 2022.

1. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

It wouldn't turn on any more. I assumed the power supply was bad. Ordered a replacement and still didn't turn on.

2. ChefBrunch

ChefBrunch Forum Resident

probably just the switch button, Can always take it to a shop, they can diagnose and fix it pretty cheap. if you still have it that is.

3. rockin_since_58

Tossed it in the trash. Wasn't worth attempting to fix.

4. vwestlife

vwestlife Forum Resident

You threw out an $850 turntable because of a broken power button?

TheMovieRad likes this.
  5. rockin_since_58

Not a broken power button. Something with the internal electronics. Had it 3 years so was time for something new. There is no place local to me that would take a look at it. Not worth the $100+ it would have taken to ship it to AT for evaluation.

6. vwestlife

vwestlife Forum Resident

It's a belt-drive turntable. The "internal electronics" consist of a motor and a switch.

TheMovieRad likes this.
  7. Arjan Korenhof

Arjan Korenhof New Member

...you are aware off the Linn Lp12, right?

8. Victor Martell

Victor Martell Forum Resident

Yeah that is weird.

$100 < $850 - AT actually have nice service department. My AT-LP7 and AT-LP1240 are perfect, but have sent a set Condenser microphones to service - thinking I paid like $50 plus shipping - only one way, they sent them back pretty nicely packed - assumed included in the $50 repair. Try it, it's the smart thing to do.

v

vwestlife likes this.
  9. MAP

MAP Forum Resident

It is the smart thing. The issue was probably very minor and the LP7 is a very high quality deck, which I'm sure could have been fixed easily. Strange that it failed after 3 years. A bit off the subject: I just gave away to a 30 something neighbor a Stanton STA-8 80 (stop gagging audiophiles...it served me well) turntable which I bought in the early 80s and which was still working perfectly. I also gave him a a mounted AT3600L cart which I was not using. After a trip to BB for a pair of powered speakers, he is now spinning his dad's and granddad's old records and is a happy young dude.

wgb113 and Victor Martell like this.
  10. ChefBrunch

came across this on youtubes.....its nice to see the products in a video, its different than in pics..looks good :)

11. ChefBrunch

12. Oelewapper

Oelewapper Plays vinyl instead of installing it on the floor.

FWIW, I just found out about another limited edition AT turntable, the LP120XUSB-BZ.
    It's actually a regular LP120XUSB, but with some bronze colored parts:
    [​IMG]
    It's too tacky for my taste, but these LP120s are nice starter turntables.

ChefBrunch likes this.
  13. ChefBrunch

I've seen that one before, the lp120 is pretty much an endgame TT for 80% of consumers.

I'm kinda hoping for a revamp of the lp140 or a new djtt.

I want to add a DD TT along with the lp2022 at some point just so I can have both varieties.

wgb113 likes this.
  14. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

Source? I seriously doubt that, even on here many people say they started with a 120 and are on much better decks a short few years on.

15. ChefBrunch

On here sure yes....consumers meaning every person that shops for anything...we are a small minority of consumers in audiophilia.

CryptoSurfer likes this.
  16. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

Even not on here 80% of people arent just buying and using a 120 for their whole life time.

McLover likes this.
  17. ChefBrunch

I think the lp2022 is near sold out, does not appear to be available through the AT websites anymore, the ones at other retailers will be down to what's left of the amount they decided to pick up ,10-20 depending on the outlet I would guess.

CryptoSurfer likes this.
  18. Pmds55889397

Pmds55889397 Forum Resident

So true
    No idea if we are 1 out of 10.000 or thereabouts

Average listener gives a sheit about hifi, setup, cables etc.
    Many people simply use a smartphone with bluetooth headphones, no more

19. Thankfully I was logged into my Audio-Technica account and I had the TT in my cart and all my information input except my CC. I did a refresh a couple of times and the TT showed as in my cart ready for checkout. I input my CC info and the order was processed. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get a cancelation email.

@ChefBrunch Thanks for your post, it was a well timed reminder for me.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  20. P3ESRXD

P3ESRXD Arnaud, still enjoying...with what I have

After searching the reasons, I found none.

So @Arjan Korenhof

please say more for me new (happy) Sondek "old" LP12 user.

Arjan Korenhof likes this.
  21. jeff kleinberg

jeff kleinberg Senior Member

If you drive an 18 year old car, they sometimes let you get an Ypsilon phono stage and Vivid Giya 3's. I haven't bought a pair of jeans in 8 years and wear scrubs for work.

Eigenvector and iluzun like this.
  22. ChefBrunch

Yes, soon they should be shipping out....I have a RCA to USB dongle digitizer that should be here tomorrow. I plan on trying to capture video with my phone that is capable of 8k video with the digitizer running straight from the peq30 at phono stage for sound to get the signal...should work good to show the sound...albeit through the 16bit dongle and into YT.....so I gotta learn how to upload....

But here is a pick of my readiness lol...went overboard on the lp's before I even got a table but that's fine, I'm down for this....I have about 50 lp's and about 20 more incoming....gotta figure what ones are not gonna get pulled because of copyright, but, I'll do an unboxing thread with pics, and after a set up and few runs I'll do a video with sound from the dongle.

[​IMG]

wgb113, Victor Martell and iluzun like this.
  23. Pmds55889397

Pmds55889397 Forum Resident

I'd rather drive naked on bike than having these speakers, they sounded terrible the few times I heard them, pig ugly too.
    There I said it, no offense to owners, its their choice.

24. ChefBrunch

And so it begins , this is not me, but they are in transit

CryptoSurfer and wgb113 like this.
  25. ChefBrunch

Part 2, looks amazing

CryptoSurfer, wgb113 and ky658 like this.