Audiomods Version 6 Tonearm

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by t3chnobrat, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

I did yes. It was shipped last Friday so I'm hoping in a week or so it should be here.

2. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

While you're waiting for my pics here's a link to a forum post where I posted the .pdf of the series 6 in matte. I think it looks sharp.
    My post is on the top of page 136 of the thread. Just click on the .pdf button and it'll open up for you if you have Adobe Reader or some other .pdf reader installed.

FWIW it's also supposed to be available in black by summer.

What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

Cheers

shawn

3. t3chnobrat

t3chnobrat Forum Resident Thread Starter

@shawnes Did it arrive yet?

4. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

5. tiller

tiller Forum Resident

6. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

The Rega RB 250 with tecnoweight & vtaf I’ve been using.

7. tiller

tiller Forum Resident

Ah okay, good to know. My Series 5 was a substantial step up from the RB-300 I was running prior, so on that we can agree. Personally I am curious to know how the 6 stacks up against the 5. Cheers

plastico likes this.
  8. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

Someone will do a shootout soon I’m sure.

9. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

Looks nice ...

[​IMG]

Gavinyl, Twinsfan007, 33na3rd and 2 others like this.
  10. t3chnobrat

Very nice! I can't wait for my shipping notice. I've got a few weeks of waiting to go.

11. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Hi, I was wondering if you already got your series 6 and what are your impressions on it? I have the 10.5 inch version.

12. t3chnobrat

Funny I was just about to post today. I just got my confirmation today that it's shipping tomorrow. I'm excited for it to arrive! I had Jeff email me the installation instructions so I can get familiar with it in the meantime. How do you like yours so far?

13. chipcalzada

Congratulations in advance! It's a definite upgrade compared to my previous tonearm (modded Rega 251) however, I'm having some synergy problems with what I believe is the silver litz wire loom. I think my system doesn't like silver at all and I'm still trying to figure out how to decrease the brightness. In the beginning, I was really impressed with how fast and crisp the sound was as I was waiting for the cables to burn in completely. As time passed and the cables settled I realized that the sound was on the bright side and I had to change to warmer tubes in my tube phono pre. I've also tried using a different interconnect and power cord which resulted in positive results, however, I still find it a bit too bright for my taste.

I've actually just emailed Jeff about this just today because I read on another forum that someone had the same issue and he requested Jeff to change the silver to copper wiring. In my case, the silver threw off the synergy in my system (at least that's what I think is the culprit) because I'm using the same cart and phono pre. Currently suffering from a bout of audio nervosa. Good luck to you!

14. Davey

Just curious, how did you assure the new tonearm is set at the same VTA as the old one? That could account for some of the change, if VTA not set identically, though some among us are much more sensitive to changes in that area :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  15. t3chnobrat

Interesting. I'll have to see if that's a similar problem for me, but I don't think it will. I'll definitely report back once it's all set up.

16. chipcalzada

I thought about that, but I'm quite certain that my cart and the VTA is set up properly as the guy who installed the series 6 on my table used SMARTractor and has been doing analog for decades. Perhaps I'll have the alignment checked again just to make sure. I even borrowed a friend's solid-state phono pre just to rule out my tube phono pre as the problem and the slight metallic brightness was still there. It's definitely a weird one that has been driving me bananas.

17. Davey

OK, but you're comparing the sound to your old setup, that's what I was asking about. Did the same person also do the setup on your Rega arm? The cool thing about the Audiomods arm is that you can fine tune the VTA on-the-fly, I'd take advantage of that feature and see where it takes you.

Cyclone Ranger likes this.
  18. chipcalzada

Please do as I'm curious about what your impressions are.

Yes, the same person setup my Rega arm. Thanks for the suggestion, I will try and experiment with the VTA. I never had the on the fly VTA adjustment feature with the Rega so it's not a top of mind solution. Will revert back once I've done VTA adjustments.

19. Tony Neumayr

Tony Neumayr Well-Known Member

t3chnobrat, did you receive tracking information? My order ship confirmation was just before yours (6/26), but I haven't received any tracking info yet.

20. t3chnobrat

Yes he emailed me on the 3rd with a tracking number. Looks like it went out on the 1st so he was a little late getting it to me.

21. Tony Neumayr

Thank you for the reply! That's interesting. I've contacted him twice about a tracking number, and haven't received a reply. My arm was supposedly shipped on 6/27.

22. Tony Neumayr

And my Audiomods 6 just arrived today...lol.

t3chnobrat and Dubmart like this.
  23. t3chnobrat

Sweet congrats!! Hopefully that puts it on my doorstep Wednesday. Post some pics!

24. Tony Neumayr

Soon! I hope...!

25. Jeff57

Jeff57 Senior Member

Looking at the Audiomods website, I cannot see any info on the Series 6 arm or how to order one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.