Audiophile fuses or standard Bussman fuses ?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Soundlabs, Mar 15, 2019.

1. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

I'll just leave it to the reader how many "different" things you've explored. Looks pretty single-focused to me here on the forum.

timind likes this.
  2. fish

fish Senior Member

Telling you what??

Tells me they don't care to indulge. You do it yourself if thats what you NEED. I dont. Id rather listen to music.

Ive gotten plenty of private messages from those that agree and dont publicly post or want to be ridiculed by the few for their beliefs. This what modern society has come too - again in history!

Elvis Pedalhead and Weber like this.
  3. fish

fish Senior Member

Maybe you need new friends ;-)

4. TheVinylAddict

My wife tells me that all the time... :)

5. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

I cant write a 40 year history of what I have learned here. But I will say, I've came across many who disgrace and put down the hobby. If you don't want to explore the greater audio experience that's ok. But for the ones who do thats great. So if you want to experience more of the music you can. But the tear only shows what it can. The better the system, the more it shows the better cables and fuses ability to increase the sound quality of it.

Elvis Pedalhead, BShah and Lonson like this.
  6. TheVinylAddict

I was thinking a Craigslist ad - "New friends needed, audio fuse rollers type preferred" or something like that....

timind likes this.
  7. fish

fish Senior Member

HAHAHAHA. All you'll find on Craigslist are prostitutes and whores, allegedly ;-) and not that there's anything wrong with that.

A friend asked to help him put together a nice system recently. Hes an engineer, very highly paid too!
    Choose a pair fo KEF floor standing speakers, Arcam S30, roon core on a iMac. He first set it up with cheap cables and wire and was impressed. His room isnt good, sitting distance isn't far enough but thats how it fit and it wasn't changing. Still, he liked it allot.
    Then we got him to buy new power cords, ICs and speaker cables. Spent a bit over $1000. Once installed he was Blown away with the improvements and his engineering mind could not wrap itself around how this can be but he certainly heard it. Then we added a new outlet which he said he hardly heard. In his listening area the congestion was high, resolving detail could not be heard clearly. In a friends $70,000 system he WAS able to hear the difference between the outlets, just not in his system. He at least acknowledged there was the possibility of a difference which again, was beyond his engineering minds ability to explain how or why. Thats where he drew the line and rightfully so!

Other mutual friends also concurred the differences wire and power can have. But it took a friends $70k system to clearly show them!

You know guys like Michael Fremer have Half Million Dollar systems and can hear every little thing! Wire, Cords, Fuses, little blue dots and whatever. Its both a good and bad thing. There are VERY MANY of us, just most don't want to be ridiculed or worse. It's a modern day inquisition of types. So they stay silent and smile.

BShah, Lonson and Weber like this.
  8. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

How does one know Fremer can hear every little thing?

Because he can write well?

I could care less what he says until he can prove it to me blind ABX. (I know, party pooper:))

Outlets and plugs(very smooth, made to tight tolerances, and high pressure)? I have a possible explanation for that as I did surface science for 7 years in the interfacial processes department at the Rockwell Science Center (now Teledyne Technologies headquarters). Higher ratio of "real:apparent" area of contact. Same reason I believe in "single point, low mass" RCA plugs like ETI Research and KLE Harmony.

Shawn likes this.
  9. fish

fish Senior Member

So now Michael is a lier too?
    Enjoy Guys, at least try too.

Elvis Pedalhead likes this.
  10. Is there a distinction between the two?

timind likes this.
  11. fish

fish Senior Member

YES. Price! Whores are usually Free (as free a free can be). :laugh:

Weber likes this.
  12. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

Im not saying Michael is a liar and do think he can hear differences. Just questioning people who believe everything they read, especially in Stereoland.

Shawn and timind like this.
  13. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

Well its that time of day we all should be relaxing. So I'm off to do just that.

14. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

Did anyone get a fuse for Christmas. Maybe a duplex outlet ?

15. timind

timind phorum rezident

My daughter gave me an Echo Dot. Do you think it would sound better if I swap in a purple fuse?

wgriel, Shawn and vwestlife like this.
  16. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I bought a Purple fuse for my PS Audio P15 and installed it two weeks ago. Really like the resulting change in system sound that is unfolding.

Elvis Pedalhead likes this.
  17. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

A guy in our club has a ps audio p15. He installed a purple fuse in it ladt month. He raves about how much better it works now.

18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm liking it in the P15 a lot.

19. fish

fish Senior Member

Absolutely Not. The Eco Dot is a POS. Are you trying to be funny?
    But on a PS Audio P15? Yes Sir! Give me Purple :) I love the Blue Im using in a DAC.

20. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

Purple Haze is intoxicating.

21. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

How many of you got a SR purple fuse ( or audiophile fuse ) or a audiophile outlet for Christmas.

22. TheVinylAddict

LOL.... thanks for the laugh Weber, I needed that today... :)

I'm headed back to the stocking now, to stick my hand in there to see if there's an SR purple or something I missed.

timind likes this.
  23. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

Watch for the coal dust.

24. fish

fish Senior Member

@Weber swapped out the original fuse in this Arcam FMJ for a Black. What a difference!!
    Opened up the soundstage, took out lots of congestion and added more weight overall.
    Harmonic Tech AC-10 Fantasy cord adds to the natural, more analog sound this CDP offers.

Stock - early 2000's
    [​IMG]

Supreme Black:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elvis Pedalhead and Weber like this.
  25. Weber

Weber Well-Known Member

Even in the older equipment a fuse upgrade makes a difference. Keep up the good work fish.