Audiophile streaming

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audiorocks, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishmaelk

ishmaelk Forum Resident

I hardly ever buy CDs anymore. Some classical music, but then they're usually SACD so I can't just rip it. Most of my physical purchases are vinyl, since I felt I had the digital listening mostly covered.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I don't think consumers know why they are excited...if they really are. I don't know a single person outside of this forum who have any clue as to what MQA is. I don't even think half this forum knows. If it shows up on iTunes, people will ask.

Seminole likes this.
  3. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

I had a 6 month trial of Music Unlimited. They lost me the first time I tried to play a song that played fine the day before and just disappeared from my playlist as if it had never been there.

ClassicalCD likes this.
  4. Vignus

Vignus Digital Vinylist

I don't care much about MQA right now, but I see a danger: all DAC manifactures will want to jump on the bandwagon at one point, thus making DAC more expensive. It's kind of natural that next time someone will look into buying a DAC will select one with a MQA logo, just in case... you never know... so pretty soon all DACs will be more expensive. Makes sense?

5. Anyone do a spectrogram of music from these Streaming services?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.