DCC Archive Audition samples

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pigmode, Oct 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigmode

pigmode Active Member Thread Starter

I'll be auditioning some JM Lab units in a few days, so here is a tentative list of stuff I'm taking.

DCC/Court And Spark-- there is a good combination of female voice and music: both acoustic and electric. I think the female voice is a good indicator of what I am looking for.

DCC/Dreamboat Annie-- I need a good electric rock sample, and while this is one of my favs, I do have a few reservations. Mostly, there is not much variation. An alternate would be the MFSL issue of Moving Pictures or Dire Straights/ Brothers In Arms.

Weather Report/Black Market-- I know it well, and I may take my vinyl disc along for comparison. It will challenge the bass drivers, and the sax and keyboards will likewise provide a good test I think.

Sony Classical/ Hayden Cello Concertos in C & D Major. This is with Yo-Yo Ma. Stellar quality for a stellar performance, imo. An alternate would be a Chesky or Telarc classical release. The quality on those discs are just great.

I may also take the Chesky Demo Disc and Aja as well.

Well, what do you think? Comments or suggestions would be appreciated. As far as suggestions are concerned, It's a personal thing, I know, yet I may just have what you come up with. It could helpful.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Just be sure to take Cds with you that you've listened to many many times. It's great to take great sounding Cds with you, and if you've listened to these Cds lots, that's great.
    Once you're used to a certain sound and feel, when it's processed through a different amp and speakers, you notice the changes right away. You're also able to hear what you lost to what you've gained soundwize. But....you know that.

3. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

I totally agree sckott. When I go to listen I always take the first two BOSTON CD's among many others. Yes they are too bright, yadda, yadda...But I KNOW what they sound like so then I can pick out the changes in the sound from speaker to speaker, amp to amp, etc.
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.