Avengers: Endgame - April 26, 2019*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

What about Skaar ( son of Hulk), also more offspring ..comics wise She-Hulk?

Planet Hulk perhaps?

2. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Agreed. I'm only guessing they didn't want to write the Hulk character into IW for whatever reason. They made quick work of him and that was it. Banner survived though, but Hulk was so outmatched vs Thanos that the character can't possibly make a difference at this point (other than pulling off the glove - hmmm...or maybe restraining Thanos in some way). Another guess is that Banner has some role similar to IW - peripheral in all ways.

3. Bobby Buckshot

Not in Endgame. Maybe in the future but the Hulk movies have all disappointed so chances are slim unless it's cameos/incorporation into team movies like these.

alexpop likes this.
  4. alexpop

Poor green giant deserves more love like Thor got with Ragnarok. And Hulk cgi played a large part in its success.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  5. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

You just know that the scene where he inevitably recovers his Hulk-rage is going to be spectacularly violent.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  6. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Looks like Dr. Banner only claims to want to be rid of The Hulk. What do they say about absolute power?

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  7. Luke The Drifter

They do not have the rights to standalone Hulk films. Rather than get them for Ruffalo, they decided to do a Hulk story arc within Ragnarok, Infinity War and Endgame. We have seen:

1. The body with Hulk in total control
    2. The body with Banner in total control
    3. ???????????????

Some think they will split the two characters. Others think we will see a smart Hulk. I think he will have a major contribution to this film.

8. Bobby Buckshot

If so, will it be directed at a bunch of disposable foot soldiers or something similar?

Also the first Avengers where he finds the secret & that it's because he's always angry. Then in Ultron he gets mind-warped by Scarlet (a power of hers that has very disappointingly disappeared) & runs away after realizing the death and destruction he's responsible for. Now that you mention it, would be interesting to see all these get segued together.

I'm interested to see how his story is handled/developed. Maybe he takes a trip into the QR where the change takes place???

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  9. dkmonroe

He will put Thanos in the ditch somewhere. He won't deliver the killing blow, but he'll put him down. It's inevitable.

10. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

S'funny, our discussion about ol' jade-jaws has got me thinking that there's definitely enough back story with, and issues to be resolved, to warrant a standalone movie. Tellyawhat, after some thought, I'm convinced that it was Banner, NOT the Hulk, who showed fear and weakness with Thanos!;)

11. Luke The Drifter

The Russo Brothers attributed Hulk's loss in that fight to him just brawling without any skill. Thanos is strong and a skilled fighter and beat him. It should not have surprised us, as Thor also bested him in the Arena. In the words of Bruce, "We've got some things to figure out."

12. Bobby Buckshot

The Russo Bros' brawler explanation is a bit of a stretch to me. This is after the Hulk took some lumps from Tony's giant IM suit and recovered with no problem. Maybe it's true but Thanos' punches really stunned him...I mean it was an old fashioned butt-whoopin' and I'm not sure one can chalk that up to being just a brawler. :shrug:

13. dkmonroe

It sounds like a tidy little ac hoc explanation but of course the real reason that Thanos beat the Hulk is because otherwise the whole story would have been over in seconds. As for the view-on-the-ground explanation, it seemed pretty obvious that the Hulk had never before met an enemy who could knock him out, pick him up like a baby and hurl him back to Earth, so he was just plain terrified. He must believe that a being capable of that level of strength could actually kill him, and the Hulk has never experienced the fear of death. If it were me writing the story, I'd have it in mind that at some point, the Hulk's rage at Thanos would exceed his fear, and at that point he'd handily kick his ass. Cleverness isn't really a Hulk thing; rage-fueled power is his arena.

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Its not just that Hulk got beaten by Thanos and is now afraid. He could have easily fought with Tony and the wizards to defeat Thanos' henchmen when they first arrived in NY. Hulk is tired of bailing out puny Banner time and time again. This will inevitably lead to a compromise creating the Banner-Hulk hybrid sometimes known as Professor Hulk.

15. Bobby Buckshot

I follow you up to here. I don't think it's a given Hulk proceeds to kick purple butt. Maybe give a more even match or get a little ahead, but with a full powered Thanos I don't think there's a guarantee for Hulk here.

This would be cool, but is Professor Hulk a little less powerful strength-wise? I can't remember.

Also, it's not exactly always Hulk bailing Banner out. Sometimes Banner doesn't want to be Hulk but it happens anyway. He also tried to off himself (or was that another movie?) and Hulk spit the bullet out. I could see Hulk (or the writers) using some ad hoc reasoning to claim it's really because he's tired of bailing out Banner but this decision wasn't made after one of those situations, but just after getting destroyed by Thanos. Church Lady would say that's convenient.

Man I'm nerding out on this but it's fun to talk about. :righton:

16. dkmonroe

Eh, I think that at some point Hulk needs to reclaim his honor from Thanos. As I said, I don't think he's going to be the one who finally defeats him, but at some point he's probably going to prove himself the stronger, at least to his own satisfaction.

17. Bobby Buckshot

Let me just say that some of my favorite comics were the ones where the Thing and the Hulk fought. If there's a Hulk/Thanos rumble along those lines I'm all for it, no matter who wins.

Edit: And should there ever be a Fantastic 4/Avengers cinematic meet up, this little battle is one of the necessary ingredients.

alexpop likes this.
  18. alexpop

Yeah ..Hulk always won. Hulk had his stand alone comic ( sixties ). :D

19. Bobby Buckshot

And I always was on the Thing's side :shrug:

alexpop likes this.
  20. alexpop

It’s clobbering time....not.

Hopefully The Fantastic Four can become part of MCU in the future. Awesome silver age comics.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    rontoon likes this.
  21. Bobby Buckshot

I'm also reading where Scarlet Witch's powers will be more prominent in this next one which I like. Her powers in the comics align somewhat with what a few of the Infinity Stones can do, so between her and Dr. Strange there should be some excitement. Of course, they have to come back from disintegration first.

22. Bobby Buckshot

They at least deserve better movies than they've gotten.

23. Bobby Buckshot

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Now if they have Hulk get the upper hand while Thanos is in some weakened state, this debate will have to continue. Btw, wasn't there some storylines that had Thanos making Hulk his pet? Or was that someone else?

24. alexpop

FF were my favourite Marvel superhero comic from 1961- till in my case 1968 when I sold my collection.

25. Bobby Buckshot

Ouch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.