Avengers: Endgame - April 26, 2019*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And just to bring this thread up to date: Endgame is closing in on Avatar now at $2.625 billion worldwide, so it's only $173 million away from the Jim Cameron film and is predicted to ultimately hit about $2.75 billion, making it the most financially-successful film ever made...

Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame is of course still saving the world, adding $46.8M in 55 offshore markets. The drop was 55% versus last weekend, a better hold ultimately. Internationally, the total is $1.844B for $2.615B globally. That puts about $173M between Tony Stark and Avatar, though it would appear the Avengers, Guardians & Co will land in the $2.75B range once all is said and done. Disney has a major release on deck next weekend with Aladdin.

Endgame Tops $2.6B WW Box Office – Deadline

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

i'll be taking my mom to see it on Wednesday.
    It's gonna take an hour just to 'prep' her!

3. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I will believe this when I see it. The trailers did nothing for me.

I can basically see three movies every week on the AMC A-List for my $20 a month, so it won't cost me to see it.

I will see it, just because... But I don't sit through the trailer's, thinking, wow, I want to see this movie.

So far, I have zero interest. Wonderpark, Uglydolls, Dumbo and Missing Link all had better trailer's.

alexpop likes this.
  4. Are you a family with a few Kids ?

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

alexpop and SandAndGlass like this.
  6. SandAndGlass

No, just single and recently retired as of the end of last year.

I still like to watch different movies.

Back in the 90's, I built up a collection of used VHS tapes. Before I started selling off the collection, I had 3,800 prerecorded tapes, mostly PVT's from Blockbuster and other video stores.

I had hundred's and hundred's of children and family films, including about all of the Disney films.

I have friends with children and I would bring over movies for the children to watch.

While running the motel, I used to help my guests who were the head of single parent household's.

I had a nice selection of family and children's films and would have the children over to my office to watch movies on the HT.

Years ago, I established a CD lending library in my office and I had DVD player's in most all of the motel rooms.

Here is part of the library, built onto the front desk. I have several hundred more films in the back and routinely change them out.

Movies on the bottom shelf are always for children.

[​IMG]

We have an AMC cinema close by and sometimes I would take the children out to see movies. The last movie we went to was Beauty and the Beast.

lbangs likes this.
  7. My point was that Aladdin will be big with families. I have no interest in seeing it but it will be a pretty big hit.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

wonder if netflix will get this?

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Disney

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I finally got a chance to watch this yesterday. I wanted to see it on the IMAX screen but it took a while as I wanted to avoid the IMAX 3D showings.

Theatre was fairly crowded, more than I thought there would be at this point in it's run and on a beautiful Sunday of a long weekend. But there's a lot of showings still listed.

I really enjoyed it. I thought they ended it all quite well.

David Campbell likes this.
  11. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Another film where the public lap it up like Aquaman.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Thought Avatar was overrated myself. Public though is always right. :D

GregM likes this.
  13. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Long weekend? Beautiful weather? Not for me. I agree it was a great ending for a great run of movies. There were an even dozen that I thought were excellent, and this was one of them. The others were Iron Man, Thor (I, II and III), Guardians (I and II), Avengers (I, II and III), and Ant Man (I and II). I could take or leave the others.

eddiel and alexpop like this.
  14. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

INFINITY WAR's been on NF for many months now, along with PANTHER, ANT MAN & WASP, RAGNAROK and GUARDIANS II.

15. Michael

yes I know this....: )

16. SandAndGlass

Well, Disney thought that The Nutcracker, Mary Poppins and Dumbo would also be big with children.

That turned out not to be the case.

17. Michael

Ok, so what does that have to do with anything? I'm talking ENGAME....: )

18. Michael

so? they got Infinity War?

19. Michael

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

They will be pulling all Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar/Disney content from Netflix for their service starting (I think) in Nov 2019.

Michael likes this.
  21. Michael

OK thanks, so that still covers the chance ENDGAME would show up on Netflix.

22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I would be very surprised if this shows up on Netflix, I think Disney is letting all current licenses with Netflix expire and that will be it. You'll need to pay $6.99 for Disney Plus which launches Nov 12.

23. Michael

gotcha thanks...I'll just get the BD!

Deuce66 and SandAndGlass like this.
  24. SandAndGlass

Might as well get the BD, while you still can.

It won't be long before you will have to subscribe to a streaming movie service to watch movies.

alexpop likes this.
  25. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Already happening with movies such as Buster Scruggs. I'd love to get that on BD.

SandAndGlass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.