Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 5th-beatle, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

To be fair, that is an INSANE budget. I don't know how the hell they will cover it and make a profit

Vidiot likes this.
  2. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

There's a difference between wondering how something is going to succeed, versus actively rooting for it to fail.

Vidiot and Zoot Marimba like this.
  3. Zoot Marimba

True.

4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just saw a trailer. Looks like Marvel's really gonna make a gigantic leap (further) ahead of DC with this one. But the Black Widow as a blonde!? Really!!?? Some things just shouldn't be messed with!;)

5. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Ugh. They had to **** with the only character I gave half a crap about. (Cap) I think I'm done with these flicks.

6. P(orF)

P(orF) Forum Resident

Analysts - please reduce your opening week estimates by 8 bucks.

7. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Pretty good trailer but I hope the CGI work isn't done. The Hulk animation at the end looks pretty cheesy.

8. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

Man I've watched the trailer way too many times today and I still can't stop.

9. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Does this mean Avengers comics will go up in value?

10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Chris Evans has expressed willingness to extend his contract beyond the next two movies so I expect that at some point we'll see him pick up the Captain America mantle again. Of course they don't HAVE to do this - they could just keep him as Steve Rogers permanently - but I don't think they will. People WANT to see the classic superheroes as they remember them. And the Triumphant Moment when Rogers picks up the shield once again will be far too tempting a target to miss.

So here's my prediction - you will see Rogers in the famous spangly suit again, with the shield, and with Stark's blessing.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's very true. I never hope a movie is going to fail, because it affects jobs, it affects theaters, it hurts careers, and it pisses-off audiences. Good, successful movies are good for everybody.

I'm hoping the new Avengers will do well, but if it's true they're paying Downey $100M+ and the movies really cost $500M apiece, it's a huge, huge financial risk for Disney.

Chris Evans is only 36, so I'd say he's got a few more years where he could still look good in front of the cameras and play the role. And Robert Downey has said, "hey, I could be an old man and still get in the Iron Man suit," so he could literally play this part for another 20 years if he wanted to.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  12. Zoot Marimba

I know he was originally paid a HUGE amount for the first Avengers and then cut it down when he found out how little the others were getting by comparison. I don't know how this will play out, but who knows?

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Another article says all the other Marvel regulars are making between $5M-$10M depending on their relative importance (and success). I would guess Chris Evans is at the high end of that scale.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  14. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Yes yes, I'm all for that too. But that budget just left a very sour taste in my mouth.

I loved the Avengers and Cap America Winter soldier. But those two was the last Marvel I saw in the theatre. I just got tired of it after that, and even more so now

Karnak and Vidiot like this.
  15. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I would imagine that boat has sailed. Invest in Carol Danvers early appearances, Cable and Black Panther.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

What have they done to him that you can determine from a short trailer that has so offended you?

17. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Its not true they are paying him 100m. That is just made up. There is no reliable source for that.

A much more intelligent look at the figures I have seen suggests he gets 10m plus 2.5% of net profits per Marvel film he is in, which works out to around 20 to 30 million per film, which sounds much more sensible.

18. dkmonroe

Just so I'm not misunderstood, I wasn't referring to Evans' ability to carry the role, but the possibility that Steve Rogers might again become "Captain America." I don't think he'll lay aside that identity permanently, I think it'll be a brief interlude like the "Nomad" incarnation Rogers adopted briefly (and disastrously) in the 70's comic books.

19. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I find it interesting that a films budget can influence some on whether or not they want to watch it. That has never occurred to me.

I am not judging, I just found it interesting. Carry on. :)

20. dkmonroe

I haven't seen the trailer but I think it's pretty well understood that at present, Steve Rogers is no longer "Captain America." When he left the shield at Iron Man's feet, he essentially abandoned that identity. He will be simply Steve Rogers in the Infinity War movies.

21. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

In the trailer, a character yells for someone to get him a shield, so he could be Cap again. Also, I noticed Bucky in the trailer. Are they unfreezing him and giving him a new arm???

dkmonroe likes this.
  22. dkmonroe

The Wikipedia article for the movie states that the Russo brothers "hinted" that Steve Rogers would not go by Captain America in the film.

I hate to say it, but I kinda wish the Winter Soldier was dead. How the hell are they gonna fight Thanos when Iron Man is going to want to be attacking the Winter Soldier every time he sees him?

23. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Maybe they can bury the hatchet in this one.

24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Captain America with beard ?

25. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Tony knows the Winter Soldier was just being controlled, and anyway I think the fate of the universe is kind of more important.

Stormrider77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.