Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes; just not as "pinky" ... ;)

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

FWIW, I'd mention that the original 2013 vinyl of NEW is FAR more elaborate than the 2018 bare-bones reissue on Capitol. Originally, it was a gatefold with a very hefty booklet of lyrics and interviews. Now it's not even a gatefold. I'll let others chime in with reports on sound quality between the 2013 and 2018 copies...

Skywheel and scotti like this.
  3. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Thanks, I did not know that. And since I just sold my B&N Red vinyl of ES because it came in a single jacket and I got the deluxe special gate fold version instead, this 2018 version of "New" seems like they cut too many corners for my likes. Curious as to the sound comparisons...

Many thanks mrjinks!

Mr. Explorer and mrjinks like this.
  4. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Just researched them and they are the same masters, so I am going after the 2013 version! Great feedback from fellow members once again!

5. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream

Yes, I have the 2013 "NEW" vinyl and it is a beautiful package. Don't have the new one to compare, but I thought the sound was pretty darn good. It's a really enjoyable album.

Mr. Explorer and scotti like this.
  6. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Ok, I take back anything I said in this thread about not getting the colored vinyl.

I just had an idea on how I can decorate an empty wall in my room and it hanging the reissue albums with the colored vinyl halfway peeking out. I had this idea yesterday and today I went to two record stores to see their selection. Items from the second wave of these reissues were abundant and shouldn't be too hard to come by. However, the first wave stuff is going to be more of a challenge since they've been out for sale for a longer period of time. I was able to pick up the silver vinyl of Pipes of Peace in one store and I scored McCartney and RAM at another. I'm going back next week to pick up Venus and Mars after my paycheck comes in.

I'm kicking myself for not wanting to get into these earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.