Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Yeah I figure about $33.00 but I don't want to cancel and then order thru the other and if they don't stock theirs I lose out.

Mazzy likes this.
  2. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Yes, shipping is free over $50

Mazzy likes this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Well, order 2 colored vinyl LPs and there you are.

4. These are like potato chips. You can’t buy just two :tiphat:. All or nothing.

5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

6. ProfBoz

ProfBoz Forum Resident

Pre-ordered McCartney through Speed of Sound, five in all, for $139.45, with free shipping, from SoundStageDirect. Relieved to have these on order.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

So I guess the colored vinyl is turning up at a variety of online retailers. Good news.

But should we let MPL know so that they can fix up their own links for the colored vinyl LPs, which are being directed to the Amazon preorder pages for the regular black LPs? Or should we wait to see if someone at MPL will notice? ... ;)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. Wiserforthetime

Let them notice since I had to pay more because of it.

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  9. Here here. :tiphat:

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  10. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Anyone knows if the labels on the disc themselves will be looking like the originals ?
    (ie red and blue squares for Tug of war, the ladders on Speed of sound, the 3 photographs on Band on the run, the big green Apple on RAM ?, the old Parlophone (Columbia) label on Side 1 of Pipes of peace and the metallic chair on Side 2 ? )

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Wiserforthetime

Due to the amazing press release none of us know much. We all have questions at this point.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. All Dark Horse labels this Time :tiphat:

13. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member

Do we know anything yet about how the CDs will be packaged......jewel case, Digipak, cardboard sleeve?

14. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I'm guessing jewel cases are out of the question. Really a shame.

15. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

As comprehensive as this all may seem, we're still missing about 15 other alums... that's my main frustration with this planned release. Why reissue eight albums that were reissued within the last 2-7 years on vinyl instead of albums that haven't been pressed onto vinyl since the 80's or their initial release date.

16. Because apparently they want to start fresh. First bring the existing archive reissued albums to tge new label. Then once they are set at Capitol they can continue with the rest of the catalogue.

e.s., Mr. Explorer and SixOClockBoos like this.
  17. Delivered As Is

Delivered As Is Well-Known Member

What’s Macca got up his sleeve for RSD Black Friday?
    WOA - red, white and blue vinyl?

gibtti and Mr. Explorer like this.
  18. SixOClockBoos

hopefully the others that follow will be Archive Collection standard.

Mr. Explorer and Frank like this.
  19. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I think the fact that the 2 disc and boxes aren't being reissued with Capitol badging isn't a great sign.

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  20. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

There it is, from Coming Soon to Comprehensive Plan to Anyone's Guess...

Arnold Grove and Mr. Explorer like this.
  21. SixOClockBoos

Well, I guess one way to look at these new reissues are as "budget releases". Just to get them out on the market. The bonus tracks will be available on online (and streaming, because the McCartney camp wants to push streaming!)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. I think everyone who wants the deluxe boxes already bought them. Or they can still find most of them. I doubt there’s any demand to press more of the older sets .

e.s., Mr. Explorer and BlueSpeedway like this.
  23. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Be that as it may, taking stuff out of print for one-disc knock-offs is never a good sign for the future of a project.

You want Wild Life, I want BTTE and PtP. I don't think we're getting any of those.

24. I think the deluxe archives will continue. Big box sets rarely stay in print anyway . Once they sell out the usually go out of print or change into a smaller compact version.

JDeanB, e.s., Carl80 and 2 others like this.
  25. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I like your optimism. I wish I shared it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.