Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Mr. Explorer and Flaming Torch like this.
  2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks, nice cover.

3. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

The McCartney Collection CD was from 1993. It was originally issued on CD on the first Back To The Egg CD issue from 1989.

Flaming Torch and Mr. Explorer like this.
  4. Back to the Egg will get some archival upgrade at some point. Laurence Juber was interviews some years ago for it.

5. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Pre-ordered all 8 of them on SoundStage for 223! (free shipping and no tax)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Maybe around the same time as the Lady Gaga collaboration High in the Clouds major motion picture soundtrack is released? Or will it coincide with the release of Cold Cuts? Maybe the same day as the Guitar Concerto. :laugh:

Paul bails on projects after a lot of work is done all the time. An interview is nothing.

7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I've reserved shelf space for those three particular items.

It's getting pretty dusty though ... ;)

theMess likes this.
  8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Can't be released then, because a new Ringo Starr album is due then, and they don't want Ringo's sales undercutting Paul's.

;)

9. Well all the prep work is there for if and when it happens.

Frank likes this.
  10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

<--------has space on the shelves for any and all items....and then some.......just waiting!!!!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

It's even more baffling and amazing when you consider that (technically) the 1993 "McCartney Collection" CDs were never released in the U.S. So there are a whole bunch of Paul's solo albums that have never been remastered or reissued on CD in the States since the original 1989 discs. The hallowed home of "Bip Bop" being one of them...

12. Martin de Dios

Martin de Dios Forum Resident

You're right! With the bonus "Is it raining in London?" with full orchestra!

SixOClockBoos, theMess and Frank like this.
  13. daveidmarx

Well, it's not such a big deal when you re alize that many of the '93 remasters suck sonically and that the original UK CDs were superior sonically. Ram in particular was absolute garbage on the '93 "remaster". The DCC blew it out of the water, though the recent Archive release might have surpassed it.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. daveidmarx

15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I love Neil, but I'll pass on your suggestion. Most maids today don't meet the higher standards of the past:

[​IMG] ;)

daveidmarx likes this.
  16. Flaming Torch

Thanks Sean, I really did not know that the 1993 McCartney Collection cds did not get a release in the USA. Extraordinary - that would mean that many of the albums have only had one mastering for cd in the USA. Fortunately I kept my early Macca and Lennon cds.

17. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Haha funnily enough that is one reason why I haven't been able to visit the forum recently. My Mother had a kidney taken out and I have been looking after her, I got a girlfriend who I have to travel to see, and I have been doing an online vegan food course. Hopefully I will be able to start using the forum again regularly soon though!

Zeki, Sean Murdock, Skywheel and 17 others like this.
  18. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I heard it twice already as it came over my randomized playlist. It's nothing too special, it's barely over a minute-thirty long, which is I guess acceptable for an acappella remake.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Why were the 1993 CD's not released in the States? We got 'em here in Canada- I bought Red Rose Speedway and McCartney II with my Christmas money on Boxing Day of '93. West Edmonton Mall on Boxing Day...not recommended!:D
    Hey, man, welcome back! We were getting a little worried...hope yer mum's okay:righton:

theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  20. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Nice to see you back!

It's always worrying when people who've been here for years suddenly vanish... I wondered if you'd gone off Paul and daren't break it to us.:D

Hope your mum is OK.

Zeki, theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  21. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

It looks like the Bull Moose site has added this statement to the listing for the colored vinyl LPs:
    THESE WILL BE EXTREMELY LIMITED. AT THE REQUEST OF BOTH THE ARTIST AND LABEL, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SELL THESE ONLINE.

It's starting to sound like these were never intended to be placed for pre-order on the web. At the very least, it's been a confusing situation... for both vendors and fans. But it does explain why these LPs were pulled from multiple websites almost simultaneously last Friday.

I was actually interested in the color LP bundle, just because I have never really collected McCartney on vinyl before... other than a couple of LPs (mono Ram, well-loved copies of BOTR and BTTE, and the All The Best compilation). So this wouldn't have been my umpteenth purchase of these albums like it would have been for some. I did manage to sneak in a pre-order over the weekend, but I only hold out marginal hope that it will be filled.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I just emailed uDiscover in the UK to ask what the latest is and if they will be honouring my order. I'll report back if and when I hear back from them.

23. Flaming Torch

Thanks for posting. All very odd as the official site (Paul's site) takes you to Amazon UK here where I live when you click on the album title with the colour of the vinyl next to it. No mention on Amazon whether it is black or coloured. The prices vary from about £20 to £35 per album!
    I have finally downloaded my high resolution files using my codes from the deluxe boxes. The Ram one was a few years old but it still worked so thanks to MPL.
    Welcome back to theMess.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  24. Flaming Torch

This is just my thoughts as in reality I have no idea what will happen. I just had a hunt around the internet and I did not find anywhere with the coloured vinyl available. Diverse and Spin in the UK have the black vinyl for sale. Amazon has something for sale but does not state whether coloured or black. UDiscover and The Sound of Vinyl have nothing neither black or coloured for sale.
    Has MPL shot itself in the foot and will it find that if fans cannot buy a coloured vinyl version they might not buy one at all?
    I am fully aware none of this really matters. I was reading the newspaper but as the news depressed me I decided to escape to SHF.

25. Frank

Frank Senior Member

See here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.