Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I ordered from that Canadian site too. They're still showing as available. We'll see what happens...

Mr. Explorer and mrjinks like this.
  2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Well this has all been a real circus. I have an order with SoundStage but who really knows. They have the money and I am sure if they can for-fill the order they will. One thing I noticed is that The SoundofVinyl and UDiscover in the UK do not have any of these albums listed yet not even in the black vinyl. The 4 other UK retailers I use not including Amazon UK all have the black vinyl as ready for pre order. The whole saga reminds me of the Dylan Nobel prize debacle/farce.

3. Carl Homes

Carl Homes Forum Resident

They had them on for a few hours then vanished. £35 each, BOTR £42 and V&M £52. The Black vinyl was £21.99 i think

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. Flaming Torch

Yes that is correct I think but they have all gone from the 2 sites now including the black vinyl.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

No new music for several years, no more communication with the fans as in the golden "Club Sandwich" days, albums released again and again with increasingly less content but artificially inflated prices. I honestly wonder if all this would have happened if Linda McCartney was still around...

daveidmarx and Mr. Explorer like this.
  6. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

It's pretty sad that the latest 'buzz' is over old McCartney/Wings albums being re-re-re-re-released on vinyl (colored no less). I miss the days when we didn't have to wait 4 years to run up and buy the latest album of new material from Paul. But after all, we are talking about an old man in his 70s so I give him a pass on new material. However, I wish he'd toss us out some more Archive Collection releases instead of old vinyl retreads.

7. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

MPL has created the interest by having the online stores remove the listings.
    haha
    Maybe it really is a
    Comprehensive Plan!

RAJ717 and Mr. Explorer like this.
  8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Ah Canada. However, this is the same country that was selling the Deluxe Sgt Pepper 50th Anniversary set by THE NEW ORIGINALS for less than $50. And we know how that turned out.

I'd start worrying ... ;)

jlf, BeardedSteven and Mr. Explorer like this.
  9. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

Yes and I was there yesterday. Lo and behold around teatime as I'm pretending not to be stalking across in the park, a familiar figure emerges from the front door, back on a brief respite from tour and, seeing me, throws me a frisbee which, naturally I fling back. Instead of going to round two of the flinging he shouts 'That was my new album, Dumbo' and retreats, cackling, into the doorway.
    As we say in the UK, 'I was not best pleased'.

10. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Was it a colored frisbee? ;-)

11. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

Yes and the label copy had a typo. It's probably just as well he had it back as there's no way I could have torrented a sub-quality promo

RAJ717 likes this.
  12. Arnold Grove

You had me going for a while. Nice one. :righton:

13. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was thinking about getting a few of these, but it sounds like it may involve leaving the house.

jlf, mrjinks and Mr. Explorer like this.
  14. Arnold Grove

And you should stop at the bank too ... ;)

15. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

I called a local record store I love and trust (Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ) and I asked about the McCartney colored records and he said its a very unique situation he hasnt seen for such a release. Same thing that was reported on RSD.com. No online orders, preorders, or anything. He expects a line outside the door the morning of. Guess I'll have to be there.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. Arnold Grove

This is getting more and more confusing.

At first, certain online sites were selling the colored vinyl, with many selling all the LPs in a Vinyl Bundle. There was even a link included in the MPL press release on the first day that connected one to an online retailer offering that Vinyl Bundle.

Then we hear that only 500 copies of each colored vinyl LP are being pressed. So there has to be a very limited number of colored LPs to distribute around the world (OR is the 500 just for the USA?), especially if some of those 500 were already claimed by people purchasing the Vinyl Bundles.

Thus, my guess is that no physical store will get more than a few copies of each of the colored LPs --- maybe only 1 copy of each LP --- if it gets any.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I still have not received any cancellation from the site I ordered from. But I am little worried they may wait til it's time to ship and then tell me they don't have them. Not only would I have thought I had them but then I would find out last minute that I didn't and I would have to try and go to sleep local record shop and that site took my money already.

18. If I don’t get an update from universal before the indie store date , I might go to one of my locals to score a set. But I assume if they do honor my presale, I’ll get a shipping notice a day or two before.

If I were to get two sets, I’d sell one to someone here at my cost. No eBay gouging from me.

19. Arnold Grove

I know, it must be troubling. I would love to hear someone from MPL or Capitol explain why they decided to handle the colored vinyl in such a disorganized and chaotic way. If they only wanted PHYSICAL retailers to get the colored vinyl, then why were they being sold online, even from the link included in MPL's press release?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there any logic in the way that this has been handled?

20. Wiserforthetime

That was my plan exactly

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Wiserforthetime

Exactly, should have never had links especially in the announcement on his site and thus those should be honored.

22. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

I have bundles of color vinyl on order in uDiscover and then the next day with Soundstage direct. Both charged my card. I then sent uDiscover an email saying cancel my order bu never got confirmation or a refund.
    So who knows what I will end up with ...2 sets, 1 set or no sets. I guess I am putting my faith in the Music Collector God and I will receive whatever I am meant to receive.

It would suck if I went a whole month with $500 out of pocket, only to be refunded with no vinyl.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. Frank

Frank Senior Member

To clarify, the impression I got was that the 500 was the number available to the wholesale distributor I used to work with, not the total number manufactured or available worldwide. Now, they're a giant distributor who serve a lot, maybe most - maybe even close to all - indie retailers in the US. But I don't think it has any bearing on what would be available through Universal itself or outside the US.

I think the bundles are an exclusive thing and I doubt Universal would sell more of those than they knew they could fullfil. And, if they happened to by mistake, knowing the way the industry operates, they will screw over the retailers who spend thousands of dollars with them a year before they risk pissing off an individual consumer who may buy directly from them once or twice in their lifetimes. Which is why there are no record stores and the industry is failing.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Arnold Grove likes this.
  24. Flaming Torch

Not sure if any stores in the UK will get these as our Record Store day is in April. However we do have a bit of Black Friday nonsense.
    Re the 500 number this is only my thoughts but that seems so small as to really mean chances of buying at the retail price are pretty small.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

:):)Personally I think this thing is kind of funny. First most dwellers here seems pretty annoyed that Paul release these albums on colored vinyl instead of new music or a proper arhiverelease.
    Now most people seems to be annoyed that the colored vinyl thing only seems to be a very limited release.
    It s rather entertaining to follow this discussion at least for someone who doesn't t care about vinyl-coloured or not
    But. I still own a picture disc vinyl of Band in the run from the seventies. It actually hangs in my wall:)

JDeanB, jlf, e.s. and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.