Back in the day...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Catcher10, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Hi-Fi was a big deal. In the early '60s, and even in '58 and '59, stereo was a new format for the newly prosperous middle class households in the US. There was a desire to distribute and sell these new products. So companies went to some effort to educate the potential customers what stereo was and how it would effect them. Many homes in the late '50s probably still had working Victrolas. Those were being phased out for electric phonographs in the cities, but in rural areas, many folks were just getting electric power available to them. So you probably had a lot of late comers to the mono Lp party with new electric phonographs and mono amps and speakers. Stereo was new and cool. Heck, people even used to sit down and listen to music back then.
    -Bill

DavidD and Catcher10 like this.
  2. LakeMountain

LakeMountain Vinyl surfer

You may have just succeeded to successfully launch the first 2 in 1 thread! Chances are that some later thread joiners just read your first post and respond to that, LOL!

The extra fun is that both topics are good!:righton:.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Catcher10 likes this.
  3. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh Thread Starter

I'm a trail blazer......pfff
    :righton: :wave:

LakeMountain likes this.
  4. LakeMountain

LakeMountain Vinyl surfer

Back in those days there was a genuine effort to make music sound as real and close to the listener as possible! No tempering with music with compression, brickwalling, Dolby and other artifacts! Even mono sounds good on my old records.

Will the attitude of putting music/sound first ever come back or will the music industry just go the way of advertising: catch the attention of modern overloaded consumer with shrill sound?

rockin_since_58 and DavidD like this.
  5. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

The title of your post reminded me of this song:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.