Back To The Future Appreciation Thread, 35 year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Timeless Classics, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Well, not second, but last...:)

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Stoltz. Give the poor guy that second "T"! ;)

3. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member Thread Starter

He has to earn it! Dang typos on the iPhone strikes again

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Dang autocorrect.

MikeInFla likes this.
  5. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

And your favourite ?
    ( please don't say ' Star Wars' )

6. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

3rd one was good. Aside from the curiosity regarding the futuristic technology, the 2nd one had nothing going for it at all.

7. Timeless Classics

A bit of irony that Marty’s brother worked at Burger King. Both Lea Thompson and Elisabeth Shue starred in a 1982 Burger King commercial together, early on their careers. They both starred later in Burger King commercials as well. Really a terrible commercial, with them all single a Christmas song (with Sara Michelle Gellar)

MikeInFla, Binni and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  8. As a teenager in Ireland, BTTF blew my mind.... that's how American teenagers (possibly) lived ? Girls .... cool trucks .... ?? Wow ...

I didn't care for II but III was hilarious. And it had ZZ Top in it.

9. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

People nitpicking the time travel stuff is just kind of silly, just go with it and enjoy the show. One thing that does kind of irritate me is that no matter how confident you are in your time machine, you aren't going to aim it at a building or a drive-in movie screen. Nor would you stand in its path as it's bearing down on you.

10. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I'm a mega fan with a steel box 4 DVD set which I love to watch again and again (bonuses included).
    Crispin Glover was terrific as George McFLy. Such a shame that he didn't return for the sequel (which I love!).

11. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Timeless Classics and Purple Jim like this.
  12. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

And the Doc was anything but confident, he had decades of scientific failure and frustration. Considering how he talks about the experiment it seems that its his first full temporal displacement. What if it had gone wrong?

If you really think about it... this was 50/50 russian roulette.

team2 likes this.
  13. MikaelaArsenault

The Back To The Future Behind Closed Doors special on REELZ was good, but it was really sad seeing Michael J. Fox though.

14. Timeless Classics

I taped it and will watch it sometime this week. He has done so much raising money and awareness for MS. It is sad to see for sure.

15. MikaelaArsenault

It was also interesting to see Huey Lewis, but he didn’t really have much to say.

Timeless Classics likes this.
  16. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Yeah, that has always been my one pet peeve about the original, the fact that a simple, "watch this," convinces Marty to not get out of the way of a car coming right at him at 80+ MPH with a dog in the driver's seat. Suspending belief is a big thing with a film like that, yes, but that one little moment always makes me chuckle to myself.

I caught most of it last night and enjoyed it. Agreed about MJF; that is tough to see.

17. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

35th Anniversary Sountrack on vinyl coming soon! Artwork is from the time period that was not used for movie posters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Back To The Future - Music From The Motion Picture LP. Music by Huey Lewis and The News, Lindsey Buckingham, Eric Clapton, Etta James, Alan Silvestri and more. Artwork by Drew Struzan. Pressed on 180 Gram Tri Colored Vinyl. Expected to ship August 2020. Ships worldwide. $25.
    35 Years of Back to the Future – New Soundtrack LP, Poster, Puzzle, an

superstar19 and Chip TRG like this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

The 35th anniversary is on July 3rd.

19. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I also DVR'd this, and watched it yesterday. A terrific two hours, and probably the best doc I've yet seen
    on the movie. So good, I archived it to my external HD to permanently save it.
    I agree about Fox. At times it was difficult to hear what he was saying, but he did a really good job
    for the most part. Lloyd was great, and it was interesting to hear all of the cast praising Crispin Glover's
    performance and how his laughing scene at the table was all his and improvised.
    But most of all, I was blown away by how sensational Lea Thompson still looks.
    [​IMG]

20. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Wasn't that near Monument Valley ?

21. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Glover is nutty, but he really hit it out of the park in that role. His laughing fit at the dinner table is still something that makes me laugh out loud, every single time.

22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Casting Glover was one of those things that really shouln't have worked - but turned out to be brilliant. The unpredictable freakiness he gives George McFly - and especially his body movements and mannerisms - are really funny and memorable.

I've read he was a pain to work with on this and that's why he doesn't appear in the sequels. I think maybe he sued over this and possibly won some sort of settlement, but I may not be remembering that right.

23. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I meant to add that, yes he's nutty, but Glover is a fine actor and I doubt anyone helped him come up with his take on the character.

24. Timeless Classics

It’s also the smallest details in the film that make it brilliant and really special. Like when Biff comes into the diner and yells “Hey McFly!”... and both Marty and George turn around simultaneously and have the same mannerisms

[​IMG]

25. MikaelaArsenault

She looked really great in the special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.