Back To The Future DVD set

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Rudy, don't bother. They're NOT going to change on the shelves or in the near future. Best to buy the set, get them replaced, in <2 months, all is well.

Was worth it for me, and I bought my set used. They were very professional, prompt.

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I was hoping that, being a year later, existing stock had been depleted and new runs had been released with the corrected discs inside. I truly believe the studio hopes that the majority of people won't notice the difference and won't request the replacements.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

That's exactly it. A lot of us were waiting for "V2" to show up at replacement stock near the barcode (as promised) but it never happened. Like mentioned before, the differences are quick and slight, but for purists, you gotta get the matting right!

4. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Hell yeah! The BTTF trilogy is perhaps my all-time favorite movie(s). I gotta have the best. Ever since I was little I watched them over, and over, and over again. Had 'em on VHS. Movies like Home Alone were a stage thing and I can't enjoy those today like I can BTTF.

Also, some of it is really not "quick and slight". I found this website that explains it (visually too) really well.

5. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

Thanks for reviving this thread and including the link to the phone number to call. I just called for the mailer.

6. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

I'm assuming this fact was mentioned earlier in this thread, but the studio sent double replacements of II and III to some of us. I still have my extra copies; if anyone wants to spring for the postage, you can have them.

7. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Just bought BTTF Trilogy here in Toronto at BB. The outside of the package has a sticker saying widescreen on top and "remastered" on the bottom. The second and third discs are marked V2. Also the security tape mentions that this version is only for sale in Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.