Bad Company Live At Red Rocks - Walmart Exclusive CD & DVD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stopbrickwalling, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bud_E_Luv_Bomb

Bud_E_Luv_Bomb Well-Known Member

I picked mine up yesterday morning after reading about it on Ultimate Classic Rock. I was unable to see this tour so this is nice. The packaging in minimal, a two panel leaflet. The case seems to me to be very cheap plastic.
    I really can't say anything bad about it, the performance is typical Bad Co. as of late, my only minor grump is Howard Leese's outfit, he looks like he's in Def Leppard. I like the whole concert experience to flow... Imagine Bruce Dickinson wearing a tuxedo during an Iron Maiden concert. Also I can't figure out if my CD has a problem in the mastering, or it was my car stereo but the first two songs didn't sound right compared to the DVD.
    Anyway, despite my boycott of WalMart I had to get this.

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I think Bruce does that today when they play the title track from his first Maiden album, The Number of the Butler :D

3. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

I would think this would be available worldwide on walmart.com .

Am I wrong?

4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

bruce wore a chicken outfit during a maiden tour

5. Engineer X

Engineer X Forum Resident

I just received my order from Walmart online and it came with an extra booklet signed by Paul Rodgers...wasn't expecting this

driverdrummer and slipkid like this.
  6. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Yes, Howard's outfit was a little over the top for his age. The Wal Mart closest to me did have several copies. Watched the dvd. It held up to my memories. It also reminded me of things I had forgotten (like how cool the lights shining on the rain looked).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. street legal

street legal Senior Member

I also did not care for his two-handed tapping guitar technique on a couple of tracks. I guess someone forgot to tell him he was playing with Bad Company,
    not a Van Halen or Iron Maiden cover band . . .

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. stopbrickwalling

stopbrickwalling Forum Resident Thread Starter

I liked how Howard Leese worked the short "Barracuda" rift into "Gone, Gone, Gone".

MYQ1 and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. stopbrickwalling

...meant to type "riff".

10. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Did anyone who ordered from Walmart.com get the autographed booklet? Neither of mine came with one. I find it hard to believe they ran out already.

11. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Has anyone purchased this item in a Walmart store itself and received an Paul Rodgers's autographed one on a booklet?

12. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I just opened mine to check and no autograph. No loss though, since autographs are meaningless to me unless I am there in person and get something signed, as a memento of meeting somebody.

Btw, this is one of those godawful frustrating packaging jobs where no matter how hard I tried to carefully pull off the stupid goddam catalog plastic strip across the top of the case that prevents you from even opening it. the thing left part of the strip still attached and where it did come off it left sticky crap all over the case. I even did the "trick" that sometimes works where you remove the front from the bottom of the case then use leverage etc to try to pull off that crap off at the top.

And record labels wonder why most people don't bother buying physical product anymore. A small part of that is that they make it hard for us to even want to bother. Reminds me of one of the stores I stopped buying LPs at years ago (forget which one - Sam Goody? Listening Booth? Record Bar?) where they always cut off a corner of the shrink wrap when you paid up at the counter and wrote something on the cover there to prevent someone taking back an LP they bought somewhere else (??). :realmad:

Matthew Tate and Beautiful Loser like this.
  13. gary0214

gary0214 Forum Resident

i bought this from the walmart website. i can't remember the specific dates, but it was delivered within the last week. mine came with 2 booklets - one was signed and one was not signed.

i don't have any other bad company DVDs, so i have no visuals to compare this to. paul rodgers definitely varies how he sings the tunes from the studio recordings, and it's a good thing...or...a great thing. amazing. some of the music is played a tad bit differently such that you're not sure what song is coming up next - another good thing.

i think the answer to this is no, but is there a DVD with all 4 original members? i'm aware of the audio-only 70s CDs (i'll get those next), but it would be great to have visuals of the original band.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. stopbrickwalling

I am not aware of any official DVD releases with all 4 original members.
    Someone may be aware of some bootlegs.

As for official DVD's, both the 2011 Live At Wembley and 2008 Hard Rock Live DVD's feature the remaining 3 living Bad Company members.
    Both are pretty decent.

Bassist Boz Burrell died in 2006, so you would have to pre-date that to find anything on video with all 4 original members.

Merchants of Cool 2002 DVD only had 2 original members, Paul and Simon Kirke.

There was a pay-per-view or free-per-view around 1999 that I think I recorded on SuperVHS that might have all 4 original members as I know the original members toured together in 1999.
    There is some older stuff on YouTube if you do a search that would meet your requirements.

Of course the Live 1977 and 1979 CD's would have the original members.

In the interim, how about all 4 original members PLUS Gary Rossington?!

gary0214, johnny q and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Samadams757

Samadams757 Forum Resident

I ordered two copies (one for the above mentioned son in law) and both arrived with inserts autographed by Paul Rogers. The sound is almost too good and doesn't have much ambiance. It sounds great and is a wonderful souvenir of a great show.

16. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

And a monkey mask on the Book Of Souls tour.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

stopbrickwalling likes this.
  18. MikeyMan

MikeyMan New Member

Just happened to be in a Walmart and took a casual glance at the CDs looking for a new release, which of course they didn't carry, and stumbled upon this Bad Co. exclusive. However, it didn't say anything about a DVD included. At $11.88 for what I thought was ONLY a CD, I passed to do further research. I assumed there had to be video of this somewhere. Produced by Joe Thomas of Soundstage fame, I figured this was shot to air on PBS in the future. Well, my Google search landed me here to this site. And thanks to this forum, you've confirmed that there is indeed a DVD included. So, back to Walmart to pick up this "combo" of one of my all-time favorite bands!

19. kolive

kolive 6070rock enthusiast

For some reason I forgot about this till today, and the website said they had a copy at a nearby store.
    I went, and the place is a mess. They have alphabet labels but the cds are all mixed up.
    When I asked, they had no idea and just wished me luck.
    I thought I'd spend a few minutes but wasn't going to go through their entire wall.
    I did get luck and found a/the copy.

Great deal for 12$.
    The sound is great, and Paul's voice is as great as ever.

MYQ1 and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  20. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

21. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

MYQ1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.