Badfinger "Airwaves" cd bonus tracks....what a disappointment!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

I just recently picked up a used cd of Badfinger "Airwaves" so that I could check out the bonus trax. Well guess what? They're a real drag, IMO. Save your $$$.

2. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Isn't Airwaves just Joey Molland and Tom Evans and a couple of session players?

Not really a true Badfinger product IMO.

But thanks for the info just the same.

3. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Yes, but the album is worthwhile. There are some good songs on it that I like. I'm just saying that if you have it on vinyl or a cd without bonus trax (if they made one), skip the version I have. Trust me, if your taste is anything like mine, the bonus tracks will bum you out.:hurl: They're pretty depressing. No offense to anyone who likes them, of course.

4. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Yeah, those bonus tracks are lousy. Of course, it all ended back with "Wish You Were Here" for me anyway. (...well, Head First is great, and Pete Ham's 7 Park Ave and Golders Green...and BBC In Concert...OK, so the vault's been good to Badfinger fans.)

Mark

5. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

The CD with bonus tracks is the one and only CD release..I agree nothing special there with the bonus tracks....but there are some nice tracks on the original LP...."Look Out California" comes to mind and the 2 singles from the LP..."Lost Inside Your Love" and "Love Is Gonna Come At Last". I believe only one of those bonus tracks are from the sessions for the album...the rest are demos by Molland/Tansin.

6. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Sadly, there are demo versions of several of the songs from the album, recorded earlier with a different producer, which are apparently less slick and more rockin' than the finished album. But none of them were included as bonus material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.