Bands/Artists That Brought Bad Crowds?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MortSahlFan, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spear and Magic Helmet

Spear and Magic Helmet Forum Resident

I know in the early mid-eighties, there was a distinct chance of receiving a good old fashioned ass whooping at AC/DC shows.

2. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

Of course there is a segment of the population that defines this as a great show.

3. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Sacramento should have been a clue: probably shipped in the biggest jerks from Stockton.

Fullbug likes this.
  4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That was the 1st and only time I've been to a concert in Sacramento.

That's not a slam on the town - I've not consciously avoided it.

I just don't go to a lot of CA shows period, and when I do, it's in LA or SF.

Anyway, I have no clue how representative that crowd was for the average Sacramento show. All I know is it was d-bag city!

5. RedRoseSpeedway

RedRoseSpeedway Music Lover

Odd Future always drew very rowdy crowds that would riot sometimes

6. Jaycat

Jaycat Forum Resident

Grateful Dead are the obvious answer, with their tacit endorsement of the Hells Angels as, oh these guys are cool (for whatever reason)

uzn007, Retropsych, Weirwolfe and 4 others like this.
  7. bluecase

bluecase Forum Resident

At the risk of being run out of here on a rail...

Jimmy Buffett.

Back in my younger days, I worked summer gigs at an outdoor amphitheater. We'd have metal shows, rap shows and your usual classic rock or jam-band party crowds. But no crowd even came close to the obnoxiousness of Jimmy Buffett show. The evenings inevitably played out like Ray Stevens concert for self-infantilizing drunk adults. Screeching harpies getting fall down drunk on Corona. Portly, rude a-holes pretending to enjoy the $30 cigars they bought just for the occasion.

But in the end it was the way the collective crowd psychology seemed to encourage everyone to be just rude and impolite as could be. As if the cost of ticket entitled them to abandon any normal social graces.

8. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

In my experience, the worst music fans are the diehard Nine Inch Nails fans. People who are just casual listeners of their music aren't too bad though. I think that band just attracts the wrong people. Most of their songs contain an F word or two. At their concerts you can expect to be pushed, shoved or at least have beer spilled on you without the jerk who did it offering an apology. I experienced the worst bullying of my life at nin.com before Trent shut down the forum. The majority of their fans are underachievers who have an ax to grind for whatever reason. I no longer listen to their music and I haven't bought one of their albums in over 10 years. I heard of a black girl who was called the N word at one of their concerts because their fanbase is mostly white. Even Marilyn Manson's fans are nicer.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    sean4554, xilef regnu and Weirwolfe like this.
  9. Maltman

Maltman Somewhat grumpy, but harmless old man.

HaHa, very true. I might have hung out for a while longer, but my girlfriend was totally freaked. We’d had a bit of Amsterdam’s finest herb beforehand and she was getting totally paranoid.

joepepitone likes this.
  10. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I saw Sabbath many years ago headlining Ozfest and their fans were sedate compared to those who came to see Iron Maiden, who played immediately beforehand. I’ve been to a lotta shows without incident in my time but I was afraid that night. Maiden fans were out of control, throwing full bottles from up on the lawn onto the seats below. Matters weren’t helped much when after about 40 minutes Ozzy lost his voice and the show was cut short. Angry people.

11. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

i don't know about bad crowd but...i went to see Iron Maiden at LA Forum in '88.
    after the opening act (LA Guns), i went to the loo and the piss was ankle deep (not kidding :shake:) on the floor because everyone was pissing on it instead of waiting for the stall.
    i've been to the Forum countless times but that was the only instance that ever happened. the show kicked ass though ;)

Weirwolfe and EddieMann like this.
  12. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

The obnoxious frat boy crowd that infested '84-'85 Springsteen concerts. :cussing:

13. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

David Allan Coe has to be near the top.

14. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Worst crowd I've ever encountered was for David Allen Coe. He played the bar where i see a ton of music, where I've witnessed hundreds of amazing shows...and his was the only one where the police were called. He has NOT been invited back.

melstapler, Fullbug and ianuaditis like this.
  15. Chris DeVoe

Great minds think alike.

Who would suspect that a racist POS would attract a bunch of human garbage?

uzn007, Dave513, melstapler and 3 others like this.
  16. ANALOGUE OR DEATH

ANALOGUE OR DEATH Forum Resident

Seems to be a bit of a cultural divide appearing here.I notice that the worse it seems to have got in the U.S was a few drunk frat boys and a bit of spilt beer.Over here we had to deal with yer actual white supremacists!:hide:

17. Chrisaw

Chrisaw Forum Resident

I would imagine that GG Allin didn't attract a particularly wholesome crowd.

sean4554, youngchoulin, tkl7 and 5 others like this.
  18. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

Damage plan

tkl7 likes this.
  19. DorothyV

DorothyV Forum Resident

Bingo. A shame because I actually like their music. But, I won't ever see them in concert again because I don't want to be in a concert hall full of completely wasted dudes (on the verge of puking all over bystanders) slamming themselves into and/or falling on top of innocent bystanders.

uzn007 likes this.
  20. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 1989.
    Not so much an undesirable crowd but rather a very drunken one.
    Lots of drunken ***holes hoisting their beer in the air and showering the people in front of them (which included my wife and I)

21. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Yeah, although Skrewdriver may have worse.

22. have you read his website (with comments)?

23. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

When I see Neil Young I always seem to be next to some messed up jerk standing on his seat, singing every song at the top of his lungs, and yelling at Neil between songs.

Chrome_Head and Fullbug like this.
  24. Chris DeVoe

I think I've heard of it. It's called "4Chan", right?

25. √4chan

Chris DeVoe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.