Bands that lost just one player and lost their way

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by flyingdutchman, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

We get far more than that of your totally needless moaning and dull sarcasm. As soon as I see that avatar I know it's going to be a moan about what others are posting, as if you're better than everyone and a really interesting man. It's pathetic.

You'll probably try and have a moan back at me, with your usual misery, but I know I'm here too much, I know I post too often and talk some crap, but I don't join threads just to moan about them and criticise people all the time. Say It Right? Yeah, sure, keep believing that!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  2. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

It was a real commercial attempt at making something slick for radio. Bleah... And then the follow up was a dance pop/rock collaboration with Mark Ronson. Josh is toast creatively since many years.

I recommend Stöner with Brant and Nick, far superior.

tycho likes this.
  3. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

Then your argument toward the poster who believes The Stones lost their direction after Brian Jones died holds no water.
    I personally love the Mick Taylor era, and I certainly wouldn't say The Stones lost their way......but they just changed direction. The other poster appears to simply prefer the Jones era....
    Your argument here to me is weak, as I believe the Moonless Who were severely decimated musically post Moon. Sure they kept on going, but we're off my radar. Lost IMO.

wayneklein likes this.
  4. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.

5. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Yep, there it is. I have better things to do than relentlessly post in threads I'm not interested in just to moan at people. It's going to be great!

Not that they always are! :)

I apologise for the over the top post, I can be a grumpy morning person, but why the joining threads just to moan and snipe at people? It doesn't suggest you're having much fun or are happy. Your four posts in this thread are all unprompted digs at people. Are you like this in real life?

Aftermath and Umbari like this.
  6. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

I get where you’re going with this and I’d concede you have point.

However, for me it’s slightly different. The Stones, for me (and probably many others), improved both on record and live after Brian. The Who on the other hand haven’t done much of note on record since moon died (I do like “WHO” quite a bit though) but live they’ve continued to be an excellent draw. The 2013 (ish) Quadrophenia tour was superb and I’d argue that the 4 man Who couldn’t do it as well. So I don’t believe that either band “lost their way” I think they changed though.

7. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Trust me, I have zero intention of going anywhere near "So do you call it The Beatles or The White Album?"

ARK, 7solqs4iago and Man at C&A like this.
  8. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

:laugh:

Yeah, that's understandable! :righton:

That has made me laugh.

Say It Right likes this.
  9. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

The England cricket team have lost their way since WG Grace retired.

10. Garageflower

Garageflower Turn up the music. Hi as Fi can go.

Funnily enough I used Suede as an example in the polar opposite thread about losing just one member but being just as good or better!

Strangely we both agree. Coming Up is fantastic as are the 4 post hiatus albums and Head Music and A New Morning are indeed, patchy.

Phil Tate likes this.
  11. 7solqs4iago

7solqs4iago Forum Resident

peaked right here...

the over the top theatrics upcoming wasn't cool.

12. flyingdutchman

flyingdutchman Senior Member Thread Starter

Have no idea what group you're talking about.

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

He's still in the band.

ARK and wayneklein like this.
  14. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

When Paul Simon left Simon and Garfunkel and it just became Garfunkel, that didn't go well for Art

15. EwaWoowa

EwaWoowa Sexiest Monkey Ever...

I'm going to go "out on a limb" here, and guess neither of you have heard their new "Songs of Surrender"?!?! (and followed the sh**storm around it...) :whistle:

(...or my "joke" has just failed to land...)

16. flyingdutchman

flyingdutchman Senior Member Thread Starter

Actually, Art did fairly well as a soloist. My wife loves him. I call him Fart Barfarkel, but that's because his singing is so saccharine and I really hate it.

Jarleboy and carrick doone like this.
  17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

If you wanna tell a joke, toss in an emoji.

Otherwise you look serious.

And I know all about recent U2 news.

But Larry is still officially in the band.

And even if he'd quit, it'd be way too early to say the band "lost their way".

18. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

Came here to say this.

19. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

Pink Floyd without Roger.

20. Hawkfire269

Hawkfire269 Forum Resident

I love this Say It Right guy who is shocked - shocked(!)- people post opinions on music on a music forum.

ARK and Booyaa73 like this.
  21. JaysterMusic

JaysterMusic Well-Known Member

Izzy Stradlin decides hes had enough of drama, and leaves Guns n' Roses, Axl has managed to release a whopping 17 total original songs since Izzy quit in 1992 which is what happens when your main songwriter leaves.

22. Maybe. Different certainly though they retained much of the core sound. I enjoy the music of Pink Floyd without Roger, too even if the lyrics aren’t as good.

Gratefully Deadicated likes this.
  23. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Agree and they are stuck now because Slash & Duff, Axl team aren’t coming up with the goods and West Arkeen is dead.

Booyaa73 and JaysterMusic like this.
  24. ironbutterfly

ironbutterfly Listening to marky mark in mono

10000 maniacs

Gratefully Deadicated likes this.
  25. ILoveLucille

ILoveLucille The infernal desire machines of Dr Steve Hoffman

Belle and Sebastian were never the same and never as good after Isobel Campbell (and Stuart David) left.

vivresavie and Echo like this.